Chapter 1 - First day

Some people may say I'm a lucky girl...I have a brilliant father who is a neurosurgeon. Yeah I can have whatever I want....but he's the one thing I want in my life and can't have. He's constantly working and has no time for his daughter.

Stephan strange is a pretty arrogant and difficult man who often puts himself and others before me. There are times when we get along and he shows his soft side but....it wasn't enough.

For the last couple of months we have been arguing over school, I am expected to become a doctor and go to the best schools. But I want to go to a normal school....I want to be normal.

"Y/N...wake up." I slowly roll over as I hear my dads voice.
"Y/N!"

"What!" I yell, sitting up as he opens my curtains.

"It's your first day....I'm going into work a bit later so I can drop you off."

"Lucky me." I mumble.

"Hey....I know I haven't been home lately but.....I wanted to take you to your first day of freshman year. Even though it's not the school I-"

"Remember what we talked about? It's not always about what you want." I rub my eyes.

"Right." He smiles. "I uh...got you a new outfit." He holds it up. "Well I told Christine what to get and she picked it out." He shrugs.

"Oh

"Oh...yeah that's cute." I force a smile.

"You don't like it? I think it looks very professional...shows that's your serious about your future."

"I-I love it. Thanks dad." I smile, leaning up to kiss his cheek. I take the outfit and escape to my bathroom.

Again...not what I wanted.

Dad pulls up to the front of my school in his expensive car, he smiles and waves me goodbye, speeding off as soon as I shut the door.

I couldn't help but dig my nails into my palms as I walk into the large school, everyone was staring at me.

I pass by a group of girls as they giggle and whisper about me. Typical mean girls. I hide my embarrassment by checking my schedule, I quickly find my locker but struggle to open it. "Come on....come on. Your just a simple locker!"

"Need help?" I jump as a boy was leaning against the locker next to mine. "S-Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He blushes.

"I would love some help." I nod, handing him my paper.

The boy looks at it and then twists the lock, finally opening it, "I had a hard time with mine too." He nods. "I'm Peter. Peter Parker." He holds his hand out.

"Y/N Strange." I shake his hand. "Thank you so much." I smile and put my things away.

"I saw that we have a couple classes together...especially our first one. Would you like to come find them with me?" He asks nervously.

"I'd love to." I grab my class materials and lock my locker.

"I don't remember seeing you in middle school...are you new to New York?"

"Nope...lived here all my life...my father insisted I go to private schools. Until this year." I nod.

"Oh...why did that change?"

"I wanted to come here....be normal." I smile, looking down at my schedule. "I think this is it." I point.

"Cool." He stares at me with a wide smile.

"Are we gonna go in?"

"Oh..right!" He laughs nervously and opens the door for me.

The teacher assigned our seats, unfortunately Peter and I couldn't sit together. But he was only three seats away from me.

"Alright my freshman class...I'm Mrs. Sallows, your honors algebra teacher for this semester. Today I want to go around and have you all introduce yourselves and tell us one thing about you." She smiles. "We'll start with you." She points at me.

"I'm Y/N Strange....it's my first year in a public school." I smile.

"I have to ask...are your related to Dr. Stephan Strange?" She asks.

"He's my father." I nod, making a few people gasp.

"Your father is brilliant."

Oh great...another woman fangirling over my dad.

The rest of the day went fine, I met Ned, Peter's best friend. He's very nice. I had gotten their numbers, "for homework"  I really liked the two boys....we've became friends instantly.

And then I went home to an empty house.

I actually felt happier at school than I ever have here. It's too neat and fancy for me.

I walk into my room it's see a dress bag and a note:

"I have that speech and dinner to attend a month from today, your my date.
-love, Dad."

"Yay....another boring speech"