Chapter 2 - Accident

For the past month I hadn't seen dad that often...so I wore whatever I wanted.

Ned, Peter, and I became great friends the last month

Ned, Peter, and I became great friends the last month...I actually started having a crush on Peter.

I quickly walk to Peter's locker, finding Ned with him. "Please help...I have a stupid fancy dinner to attend to."

"What's wrong with a fancy dinner?" Ned asks.

"My dad is giving a speech....a long speech. Like hours long." I sigh. "It's gonna be a room full of old people and gold diggers."

"I really like her." Ned points at me.

"Why don't you come with me and we can study for that test next week. Just tell your dad our test is tomorrow." Peter blushes.

"That's a great idea....thank you Peter." I smile.

"Of course...we can actually do whatever you want." He looks back at his locker.

I turn and start texting dad: "Hey dad, I know your busy but is there anyway Christine or someone else can be your date? I really need help studying for a test tomorrow in math."

"He won't respond until gym." I nod.

"Oh don't remind me about gym...we have run laps today." Ned groans.

"Oh come on...it's not that bad." I smile, walking with them to our first class.

By the time Gym came...he did text back:

"I really need you with me....this is a chance for us to....bond. Also nice try...Math is your best subject."

I quickly change into my gym clothes, a royal blue shirt with the schools logo and royal blue shorts....which were too short.

I quickly walk over to Ned and Peter and sit down as we start to stretch. "I can't come over.....dad wants us to bond or whatever." I roll my eyes.

"Man...I was really looking forward to you coming over." Peter slightly smiles.

"Do you not have a good relationship with your dad?" Ned asks. "You never really talk about him."

"Well....it's complicated. He wants me to be like him basically. He doesn't really care for what I want." I shrug.

"That really sucks. I'm sorry." Ned smiles apologetically. "Oh Peter...look it's Liz." He points.

"Peter continues to stare at me as I start doing sit-ups, "I don't care." He mutters.

"That's her name? She's the one who's been making fun of me." I nod. "I don't really care though."

"That's popular girls for you.....I don't understand why your not part of them. I mean look at you." Ned points.