Chapter 20 - Big Battle

I groan as I sit up, I look around confused. Wasn't I just fading away?

"Peter?" I smile as he slowly reappears, I run into his arms and tackle him. "God I was so scared that we were gone forever."

"Me too...I can't lose you like that again." He kisses me.

Suddenly someone grabs the back of my cloak and pulls me back. "It's been five years. Come on, they need us." Dad says.

I quickly hug him, smiling as I slide my hand across his cheek. "Your here."

Dad smiles, turning and creating a portal with his sling ring. We walk out, seeing a huge battle in front of us.

"AVENGERS!" I look over to see Captain America....he summons Thor's hammer. But I thought that was destroyed? "Assemble."

Others around me let out a battle cry, all rushing towards the opposite side where Thanos was waiting. I look down at my hands as we run, "You got this." I say to myself, conjuring a sword.

I smile as it forms just as we clash against the opposite army of aliens. I jump up an slash the sword down, ducking as the alien in front of me tries to hit me. I kick it back and hit it with my sword, I spin right into someone, when I look up I see Thor....he looked so much different now.

"Y/N?" He smiles.

"Thor." I sigh in relief as he pulls me in and hugs me.

"I'm so happy to see you again." He squeezes me tight.

"Thor...I can't breathe."

"Right." He pulls away.

"Nice weapon." I point.

"Thanks....be careful." He backs away as I conjure my sword again, I nod and turn back to the fight.

As the fight intensifies, the ship above stares to rapidly fire down at us. I conjure up a shield, all of us combining together to protect our teammates. I turn as water starts to flood in, I quickly run over next to dad. "We got this." He nods. I suck in a sharp breath as we both hold back the water from flooding the battle.

I look up as dad holds up one finger, my eyes follow his gaze to Tony.

It all happened so fast.....Tony had saved us.

He used the stones to snap and Thanos' army faded away.

He was a hero.

The funeral was beautiful, I stood next to dad and Wong, watching as Peter cried next to May. Right now is the most important time to be here for him....he would need me. May expressed that to me last night.

A couple days after the funeral Peter came over to the Sanctuary...my home...for the first time. He slowly walks around my room as I sit back on my bed. He looks at my music, my posters all of my pictures of friends, Christine and I and of Dad and I. He then stops to see a framed picture of us. "I remember this...it was before you left." He slightly smiles. "We got caught in the rain getting pizza."

His smile fades as he spaces out, "Peter?" He slowly turns to me we tears in his eyes. "Come here." I open my arms out to him.

Peter starts to cry as he lays on top of me, wrapping his arms around me as he lays his head on my chest. I softly hold the back of his head, my other hand rubbing his back as he cries. "I miss him."

"I know.....I know." I whisper. I look up as dad steps into the doorway, he looks at me angrily...seeing Peter on top of me. I shake my head and mouth 'Don't'

Dad looks back at Peter, his angry expression softens as he realizes Peter was crying. Dad nods and walks away.

"I'm always gonna be here for you Peter....I promise." I kiss his head.

I knew exactly how he felt.