Chapter 23 - Monster

We all meet up at the Saint Marco Polo's Square, everyone taking pictures while Flash....was going live. "What's up, Flash Mob, how are you guys doing? I'm in Saint Marco Polo's" one of the students runs past and hits Flash in the groin. Flash hunches over. "Ow!"

Peter was off somewhere, he wouldn't tell me where so Brad joined me. I was standing with my arms out, pigeons perched on my arms and shoulders while Brad takes my picture. I laugh as they all fly off, I take my phone and smile at the picture. "Thanks!"

After awhile of exploring I find Peter, I sneak up behind him. "Boh!" I yell.

Peter jumps and turns, "What?"

"Boh. It's the most perfect word in the world. Italians created it, and I just discovered it." I smile.

"What does it mean?"

"That's the thing, it can mean a million things. It can mean 'I don't know', 'get out of my face', 'I don't know and get out of my face'. It's the best thing Italy ever created, except for maybe espresso." I nod.

"Oh, so you've been drinking espresso." He smirks

A man comes up to us, holding a rose, gesturing between us.
"German? American?"

"Boh." I say.

The man frowns and walks off. "Whoa." Peter smiles.

"Boh is my new superpower. It's like the anti aloha. I was born to say this word... So, what's in the bag?" I point.

"Oh, uh.... Boh."

"Nice." I smirk. I look down to see many crabs escaping the water by drawing up the pillars at one of the many docks. I pull out my phone to take a picture. "Whoa, cool." I smile back at Peter, he was looking down at me with a wide smile. I stand as the water seems to change and sway weirdly, suddenly water erupts from the canal and people scream. Ned and Betty scream as their boat is pushed towards shore by the waves. "Betty! You okay?" I help Betty and Ned out.

"Come on!" Peter yells.

"Guys, we gotta go!" Betty screams.

The water swirls into the air, forming the shape of a huge man. The colossal water monster roars. "What is that?" Ned asks.

"I don't know." I say in shock.

"What're you gonna do?" Ned asks us.

"I left my suit in the hotel room."

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I'm on vacation, Guys! Everyone's gonna see my face, just get them outta here!"

Peter pushes Ned towards the stairs where Betty is waiting. The water monster smashes its hand into a building, making more people scream. The creature continues to smash buildings and boats.

I take out my sling ring and conjure my robes and cloak on. I leap up and fly towards the monster, conjuring my whip and hitting its face. It wasn't doing much because it was made out of water.

I flip back as it tries to hit me down. I quickly whip its face again, turning as I see Peter trying to hit it with his webs. The monster suddenly smacks me, I go flying back and hitting a building, soaking wet.

I look up as there is a rumbling sound and a cloud of green mist appears in the sky. Out of the mist, a man with an elaborate suit and a cape appears, wearing a glass bowl over his head that swirls with mist. The mysterious man shoots green light at the monster, dodging its attacks as he flies through the air. The man is thrown onto the ground and the monster roars. The man emerges from the water and flies at the monster once again.

I fly over to Peter to see he was wearing a masquerade mask. "Excuse me sir! We c- We can help! Let us help! I'm really strong and I'm...sticky! She's got magic!" Peter yells, making me sigh.

"I need you to lead it away from the canals!" The man flies off as the monster smashes into the building where Peter and I stand. Peter flips away, landing on a nearby roof as I fly up.

I look up to see Peter swinging towards the a falling tower.

Seeing that Peter got the tower, I fly over and smack the monster with my whip. I conjure my shields to protect myself from being hit.

I fly back as the man takes care of the monster, he waves over at me and the crowd. He salutes and flys away in a cloud of green smoke.

I turn back to see Peter staring in shock....I wanted to know more about this man.

Especially his powers.