Chapter 28 - Stitches

After hours of Peter being gone, I call Happy. I was worried and I didn't know if he was actually with Fury.

Happy picked me up in a private jet, he said Peter had called him for a ride.

We land in a flower field, I instantly run out to see Peter was injured. "Peter!" I scream.

"Y/N? Is that you?"

"Of course it's me!" I start to run to him.

"No! Stop! Stop!" He holds his shaky hand up. "Tell me something only you know!"

"What?" I stop and think. "Remember that time a few months ago when we stayed late after school to study? We ended up hiding in the library until everyone was gone. We then stood in an isle and-"

"Okay! Okay! It's you!" Peter rushes into my arms and holds me tight. "Thank god you're okay." He cries.

I help him inside, Happy gives me some supplies and I start to stitch up his shoulder. "Luckily my dad taught me a few things." I say as Happy stands above.

"Ow!"

"Hold still....there we go." I put another stitch in.

"Ow!" He yells.

"I thought you had super strength." I joke, trying to make him smile.

"It still hurts!" Peter flinches again, annoyed. "Y/N, come on."

"All right, relax. Just a few more... there we go." I finish it.

"Oh, my God, Y/N!" Peter slams his fist on the table, making me jump.

"Relax!" Happy yells.

Peter jumps up from his chair. "Don't tell me to relax, Happy! How can I relax when I've messed up so bad? I trusted Beck. Right? I thought he was my friend so I gave him the only thing that Mr. Stark left behind for me and now he's going to kill my friends and half of Europe, so please do not tell me to relax."
He sits down, silent for a few moments. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I shouldn't shout. I just really miss him."

"Yeah, I miss him too." Happy nods.

"Everywhere I go, I see his face. And the whole world is asking who is going to be the next Iron Man and... I don't know if that's me, Happy. I'm not Iron Man."

"You're not Iron Man. You're never going to be Iron Man. Nobody can live up to Tony. Not even Tony. Tony was my best friend. And he was a mess. He second-guessed everything he did, he was all over the place. The one thing he did that he didn't second-guess was picking you. I don't think Tony would've done what he did... if he didn't know that you were going to be here after he was gone. Your friends are in trouble. You're all alone. The tech is missing. What are you gonna do about it?" Happy asks.

Peter stands, determined. "I'm gonna kick his ass."

"No, I mean right now. Specifically, what are we gonna do? Because we've been hovering over a tulip field for the last fifteen minutes."

"Right, um... I can't call my friends because he's tracking their phones... uh, give me your phone?" He points.

"My, my cell phone?"

"Yeah." Peter nods.

"Okay. Here."

Peter looks up, "What's your password?"

"Password."

"No, what is your password?" Peter asks.

"Password. The word. Spell it out, password."

"You're the head of security and your password is password?" I ask.

"Yeah, I don't feel good about it either."

I look over to see Peter pulls up Flash's vlog, "Ello, governor! Cup of tea for you? I'mma be in London soon."

"They're in London." Peter looks up.

"London? Okay." Happy gets up, moving toward the front of the plane.

"Yeah. I need a suit!"

Happy turns, a bit of a grin on his face. "Suit?" Happy turns again and walks forward, pressing some buttons on the ceiling. A small compartment opens as Peter stares at it. A small metal pad descends from a part of the ceiling, and Peter puts his hand on it. Blue lights appear, and he steps back.

"Okay, um... bring up everything you have on Spider-Man."
Holograms appear, and Peter scrolls through them as Happy and I watch. "Yeah, open that. Okay. No, no, no..." He turns around with a holographic web shooter when he notices Happy and I watching him with smiles on our faces.

"What?"

"Nothing. You take care of the suit, I'll take care of the music."

Happy presses a few more buttons on the ceiling, the song 'Back in Black' by AC/DC comes on. "Oh, I love Led Zeppelin!" Peter and I both yell. Peter looks back at me and smiles, he then turns back to the hologram as I sit down.

Now it's time to kick some ass.