Chapter 24 - Nick Fury

We all gather around at the hotel and watch the news that night,
"It's aliens. It has to be." Ned nods.

"Buzzfeed says there's a sailor named Morris Bench who was exposed to an experimental underwater generator and got hydro powers." Flash says.

"Yeah, you should definitely believe everything you read on the internet." I roll my eyes.

"Spider-Man could take him." Flash nods.

"Y/N we saw you fight with him. Who is that guy?" Betty asks, everyone turns to me.

"I don't know...he didn't say much to me." I shrug.

"He's like Iron Man and Thor rolled into one." Brad smiles.

Flash scoffs, "He's all right. He's no Spider-Man."

"What is it with you and Spider-Man?" I ask.

"What? He's just awesome, okay? He protects the neighborhood, and you know, he's inspiring. He inspires me to be a better man."
Flash looks up as Peter stands next to me, "Sup dickwad? I thought you drowned."

If only flash knew.....

We turn back to the TV, "Sounds like his name's Mysterio." Brad points.

"L'uomo del Misterio is Italian for man of mystery. They don't actually know who he is." I say.

"Mysterio..." Ned says.

"Cool name" Ned and Betty say at the same time. "Babe!"

"Thank god we are not like that." I chuckle, looking at Peter.

"Right....So, Paris tomorrow. Going to the Eiffel Tower. Should be great." Peter smiles.

"Yeah, I read it was secretly built as a mind-control antenna to create an army of the insane." I nod.

"Oh..."

"Which is why it's my favorite destination on the whole trip." I smile, "Anyways....goodnight." I turn and kiss him. "Wish me luck...I'm gonna have to listen to Betty talk about Ned all night." I roll my eyes.

"Goodnight." He smiles as I walk off.

I walk into my room and shut the door, sighing as I sit on my bed.
"You're a very difficult person to contact, Miss Strange."

I look up in shock, "You're Nick Fury." I point.

"So good to finally meet you. I saw you and Peter at the funeral, but I didn't think that was a good time to exchange numbers."

"No, that would have been really inappropriate." I nod.

"The important thing is, you're here. I tried to bring you here. You avoided me, and now, you're here. What a coincidence." He smiles.

"Wait. This a coincidence?" I ask.

"I used to know everything. Then, I come back five years later and now, I know nothing. No intel, no team, and two high school kids are dodging my calls. Here's what I do know... a week ago, a village in Mexico was wiped out by a cyclone. Witnesses say that cyclone had a face."

"Just like the one today." I nod.

"Exactly, get changed. Meet me outside on the boat. I'll get Peter." He stands.

"Okay....I guess." I look back to see he was gone.

I conjure up my robes and cloak, jumping out the window and onto a fancy boat where Fury and Peter soon join. "Stark left these for you." He hands Peter a small case as we take off.