Rehan gasped. "You did the first move?"

"No way. " Ace took a sip from his coffee.

"I'm serious. I told him I love you first. So we started dating again. We were wondering for sometime now how to tell you." I explained.

"I'm touched you suffered for me, but why would you think I'd disapprove of someone you like? Especially if it's someone I consider my best friend. Would you disapprove of Remi and Kai?"

"No." I sighed.

Ace got up and hugged me. "You can be so stupid sometimes."

"I know I can be stupid sometimes." I hugged him back.

He pulled away. "Very stupid. Incredibly stup.."

I shoved a tangerine in his mouth. Okay. I got it.

"Kai almost caught me a few times," I told them.

Ace sat back down and brought up Rehan's blanket that was dragging on the ground, helping him wrap the blanket better.

"Thanks." Rehan cuddled the blanket closer. "I'm surprised Kai didn't figure it out."

I shook my head. "I was worried at first, but let's be real. He thought none of us knew he liked Remi and he couldn't tell Remi liked him back. When it comes to romance he is clueless."

"True." Rehan nodded.

There was a silence between us again. We ate tangerines in peace.

Kai suddenly entered the kitchen bringing back empty mugs of coffee and carried them to the sink.

"Remi just left." He told us.

"Without saying goodbye?" I asked.

He placed the mugs down in the sink and joined our circle. "Her mom called and said they're outside waiting to pick her up. If she doesn't show up in ten seconds she's not getting presents."

"Got it." I smiled and threw a tangerine for him to catch. "So how is the new dating life? Did a lot of kissing?"

He lifted the tangerine ready to throw it at me.

I burst out laughing.

"Sorry. I just had to."

"Your boyfriend is not back yet?" Kai tried to tease me.

"Ha! He said he'll be here later." I pulled my tongue out.

"Okay. Enough talking." Ace jumped from the bar chair. "Let's go open up some presents."

And like that our little bonding time was over.

***

Lucy's p.o.v

I rang the doorbell of the house with my elbow, trying not to have any of the presents slip out of my grip. My heart was beating out of my chest. This was it. The moment of truth.

I heard someone approaching the door and it opened. I brought my hands down because I couldn't see anything from the gifts. Mom had opened the door.

"Elric." She gasped. "Oh It's Elric." She yelled and pulled me inside so hard I thought I would trip.

"Merry Christmas," I told her. She started kissing my face and hugging me. The presents almost slipped again so I placed them down so I could hug her back.

Mom still smelled the same and her hug was warm as always.

As I looked down I could see dad's slippers approaching. I looked up at him and he was standing there with the mean look on his face, a bit unsure what to do.