that's the thing about illicit affairs

Start from the beginning

          Both Lily and Saiorse stepped forward to help the boy up, yet it was a lost cause. He had ripped away from their touch as soon as it had started. "I don't need help from two mudbloods like you." He spat with hatred, and though his face had barely even moved, one could tell how much regret filled his features as soon as the words had left his mouth.

          Once the same words had registered in the Marauders' minds, James immediately stepped forward, his fist flying across the Slytherin's face. Lily wrapped her arms around herself, burying her face in Saiorse's shoulder as they tried their hardest to get as far away from the Marauders as possible.

          The castle felt like a maze as the two girls walked through the never ending hallways, their own sniffles being the only thing conversed between them. As soon as the two had arrived at the Fat Lady's painting at the Gryffindor tower, Lily solemnly spoke the password, "Veneficus." They slowly went toward the Gryffindor sister's dormitory room, silently sitting on her bed.

          "I don't get it." Lily softly scoffed, her face clear of any sadness. It simply looked hollow. "Why do they hate us so much?"

          Saiorse shrugged, leaning against her sister's bedpost. "I've learned to stop asking that question, Lils."

          It felt like it had been hours that the two girls had sat in silence, and both were slowly nodding off as the dormitory door had opened. It was someone Saiorse hadn't seen for quite a long time.

          Marlene's cheeks covered in a dark blush as her eyes took in a tear-stained Saiorse and a snoring Lily, almost immediately turning back around. "Marlene, wait." Saiorse sighed, slowly and quietly getting up from the creaky bed. She followed the blonde out of the door as she silently closed the entrance to the room.

          "I-I was just gonna tell Lily that James and the boys were in the Room of Requirement waiting for her." Marlene stammered, still not making eye contact with Saiorse as she rubbed her upper arm.

          "Marlene, you can look at me, you know?" Saiorse grinned, her own arms wrapped around her waist. Marlene slowly lifted her head as she met eyes with Saiorse, another embarrassed flush crossing her face as she nervously smiled. "I've been meaning to apologize about what had happened at Dorcas' party and — "

          "No, no, no, no, I was the one out of line." Marlene admitted, slightly holding her hands out. "I shouldn't have shoved all of that on you after I had been so cruel...I'm astonishingly embarrassed and so, so sorry."

           If it had been bull, Saiorse would've known. This apology hadn't been. The way remorse filled the girl's eyes, the sort of guilt that radiated off of her. Marlene was telling the truth. "Do you want to get lunch with me on Saturday during the Hogsmede trip?" Saiorse asked, folding her hands in front of her. Marlene's eyes widened as her cheeks darkened even more, making Saiorse let out a laugh. "Not as a date or anything. Just to talk. As friends. We'll start over."

          Marlene let her smile reappear, this time genuine as her eyes flickered between Saiorse's. "Friends." She nodded. "But, uh, seriously. James is freaking out without Lily. Like all hell has broken loose with that kid."

          Saiorse's smile soon dissipated into a soft scowl, her tongue running across her teeth as she made her way past Marlene. "I'm about to give them more hell than they could ever handle."

          The blonde Gryffindor's eyebrows furrowed, turning as she watched Saiorse practically float down the stairs. "What did they do?" She asked with a puzzled smile.

          "Tell you on Saturday!"

          There was nothing that Saiorse Evans felt more than unbridled rage as she stomped down the Hogwarts corridors, her face completely stone blank as she stood in front of the wall that held the iron gates to the Room of Requirement, or the floodgates of what was about to be Hell.

           As soon as her eyes were laid upon the four terror stricken faces of the Marauders, they all knew they were going to go down in a blaze of glory.

          "How dare you!" She yelled, her fury exploding from her body as she approached the four boys. "I thought you were all mature enough to get this idiotic feud out of your lives, but apparently not! I mean, Merlin, you're all at least sixteen years old!"

          "Saiorse, listen, we were — " Remus began, but was quickly cut off.

          "Why, why, why did you guys do that?" Saiorse asked, her voice raising in anger, the crescendo soon stopping as she looked to the boys' shrinking figure. "Lily and I have been friends with Snape for-for years, and you pull that stupid levicorpus shit! I'm so tired of it!"

          "You're blaming us for the fact that he called you and Lily a slur?" Sirius asked, stepping up from the four who had stood in a cowering line of the Marauders. His eyebrows were furrowed in anger and confusion, his mouth slightly open in aghast. "Are you bloody kidding me?!"

          "I'm not proud of what he said either, but he was there!" She shouted. "He was there, as-as at least an acquaintance. He never stopped being friends with me when I had no one. Sorry I didn't have the dream fuckin' team of friends when I was rejected by everybody in this damn school."

          "Jesus Christ, Saiorse, can you stop with this self-victimizing bullshit!" Sirius snapped. "If we're all gonna start talking about shit we're tired of, let's start! I'll go fucking first. I'm tired of all the bullshit excuses you come up with every single time any of us step out of line! Yes, yes, we get it! Your fuckin' golden boyfriend is dead, and we are the absolute epitome of shit because we didn't want to associate with a slut! Every single one of us, and I mean everyone is thinking it! Just shut the hell up about — "

          "Dude!" James interrupted, his fists clenched as he shoved Sirius' shoulder. "What the hell?!"

          The boy furrowed his eyebrows as he realized what he had just said, his features softening as he looked at the girl across from him. He studied her as she placed her fingers over her lips out of shock, her eyes shining with melancholia, her eyebrows quivering as she tried to keep the tears from pooling in her eyes.

          "I hate you." She whispered. "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!"

          She felt as if she had died a million little times whenever Sirius had spat those words, and it broke her down inside once more. She knew, she knew she shouldn't have let him get close to her, she knew she shouldn't have let him in so much he could've done something like this. But she did anyways.

          Now here she was, a godforsaken mess, an idiotic fool as she cried in the Room of Requirement, surrounded by the ones who destroyed her from the inside.

JANE'S NOTES i'm so so so so so so sorry for not updating for a month and a half i suck sm but yeah

okay so, proposition here. how would yall feel about s m u t ....HEAR ME OUT HEAR ME OUT, so, its obvious that sex is a big plot point but ummm yeah, i wanna hear ur thoughts on the topic. i just don't want to make anyone uncomfortable if they do not want any of the mature scenes, and i'm still on the fence about it myself. tell me what you think 😩😩 also ending this chapter tearfully is so fun for me hello? anyways yeah okay bye bye enjoy