that's the thing about illicit affairs

Start from the beginning

          "James and I...did it last night." She groaned softly placing her hands over her eyes. Saiorse almost felt the breath leave her chest as the words left her sister's mouth, a loud laugh escaping her throat as she covered her mouth with her hand.

          Lily snapped her head toward Saiorse, crossing her arms. "It is not funny!" She cried, pushing the girl's shoulder as she fell back from laughter.

          Saiorse placed her hand over her chest as she sat back up, wiping the stray tears that fell from her eyes. "God, that was hilarious." She giggled. "Now why don't you tell me what's really bothering you?"

          "Me and James had sex." Lily told her, her mouth in an unwavering line.

          "One, it's James and I," Saiorse corrected, "and two, no you didn't."

          "Yes we did."

           "No."

          "Yes."

          "No."

          "Yes."

          "No."

          "Yes."

          Saiorse gasped, slapping her hand across Lily's knee. "Lily Joanne, you did not." Her eyes widened to the size of saucers as she had begun to completely absorb the information, covering her mouth with her palm. "You didn't!"

          "Oh, but I did!" Lily groaned loudly once more, covering her eyes with her hands. "And it was magnificent. Don't tell him I told you that."

          "Oh, my, you're turning into me!" Saiorse gushed, grabbing both of Lily's hands. "Did he ask you the question?"

            "No, and that's my problem, Josie!" She wailed, throwing herself back into Saiorse's lap. "He was just like, 'I had a great time,' and then he left. He left me in that damn broom closet by myself!"

          "A broom closet?" Saiorse asked incredulously. She rolled her eyes when Lily had nodded, running her tongue over her teeth as she nodded. "What a piece of shit."

          "How is he a piece of shit?" Lily asked with a frown, fiddling with her sleeves.

          "First, he makes out with you at a party without asking you to be with him for real, and then when you finally fuck, he dips like a little bitch?" Saiorse asks. "No. That's unacceptable. Personally, if it were my decision, I wouldn't pleasure him any longer until he could get up enough to commit to me."

          "That's what I should — " Lily was about to ask, but she was cut off by a yell. It was a sort of joyous yell of a spell, followed by bubbling, boyish laughter.

          "Levicorpus!"

          Saiorse and Lily's heads snapped in the direction of the boys' yell, both of the girl's bolting to the large tree as they watched James Potter and the rest of the Marauders laughed as they levitated a certain Severus Snape several feet above the ground.

           "Nice one, James!" Sirius called out to the Potter boy, holding his wand out as the two Evans girls marched over to the quartet.

          "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Saiorse asked in a yell, the once joyous eyes of the Marauders turning fearful as they were about to encounter the impending wrath of both of the Evans sisters. Severus scrambled to his feet as James' focus was lost, his face contorted with rage as his eyes looked over the six that stood in front of him.