"➎➐" : ᴀ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ's ᴇᴘɪᴘʜᴀɴʏ

Start from the beginning

Rose closed her eyes in pain. Not physical but emotional. She knew her mother would never understand and that was why she had planned to cry herself to sleep just like every other night until Katherine saw her. Was that how her was going to be? Controlled by her parents from the day she was born and now they wanted to marry her off as soon as possible so that they could protect their reputation which had already been stained by Katherine. Rose was expected to play her part as a puppet. They expected her to be a living breathing pawn who'd do what they expected of her. She was going to be married off to someone who she didn't love, have his children, satisfy all his needs and wishes and become a mere shadow of the girl she used to be. These thoughts haunted her all day and kept her awake at night. She had lost her light and nobody cared, pushing her to believe that maybe no one would ever love her.

Rose broke down again, wrapping her arms around her body as her sister watched, unable to do anything but to sympathise with her teenage sister who had learned to blame herself for all her problems. Only if that little girl knew what the future had in store for her, she wouldn't have lost her faith in everyone. Only if she knew...

𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕕𝕒𝕪/ 𝕁𝕦𝕟𝕖, 𝟚𝟘𝟙𝟝
ʀᴏsᴇ's ᴘᴏᴠ:

"Mmm..." I mumbled, feeling the soft pillow under my head. Wait. I roamed my hand over the silk cushion that I was holding only to groan in annoyance. "Stefan!" I scolded, opening my eyes to meet a smirking Stefan in my bed.

"Rise and shine, Ro-Ro!" He announced dramatically, making me roll my eyes at him.

"Waking me up at 7 in the morning? Do you have a death wish?!" I squinted my eyes at him, getting off of him.

He sighed, sitting up to look at me. "Here I thought that you'd appreciate me instead...Thank you, Stefan. You're a saviour. I love you so much. No!" I rolled my eyes at his gesticulated moments.

"What do you want?" I asked him, ignoring the pout on his face.

Stefan grabbed my phone from the bedside table, opening it as I tried to snatch it away from him. "Relax, as much as I'd love to, I'm not going to read your secret love messages," He smirked, causing me to nudge him as he showed me the screen. 3 voicemails from Meera.

My eyes widened at the name and I quickly sat up, much to his amusement. "No, no, no, no. The meeting!"

"Don't worry," Stefan chuckled. "I saved the day already. Told her we'd be there by 10,"

I sighed in relief, smiling at him. "Thank you! I love you!" I told him gratefully.

"We're a team, remember? And if that means I have to drag your lazy ass to work, I will," He winked at me.

"I'm not lazy," I stated, beginning to get out of the bed as he gave me a look. "I'm lazy," I admitted instantly. Time to face reality.

I got up from the bed, stretching my limbs when I felt Stefan's gaze on me, making me realize how little I was wearing. He smirked, staring still. "Cute pj's," He said, a playful look on his face. "If they even count as one,"

I glared at him, covering my body with silk sheets as he watched with amusement. Jerk. "You know what, Stefan? If I were to kick your ass, you'd land in Japan," I mused, not giving him any time to speak as I stomped into the bathroom.

"Want me to join you in there?" I heard him yell from outside.

"In your dreams, douchebag!" I yelled back, eliciting a chuckle from him.

While I showered, I let my mind wander off, imagining hot naked guys rubbing suntan on my back. Nah. Even if I did think about it, this daydream of mine was just gonna end up with me sinking my fangs into their necks. So, nope. What I did think about though was...life. A lot could change in two years, especially if it was my life. Nearly five years ago, I woke up from a magic-induced coma, courtesy of my beloved sister. May her evil soul rest in peace! An adorably cute but psychotic maniac killed me, who along with his equally lunatic family were now on my emergency contact list. I swear if Klaus gets me another gift, I'm going to fricking kill him with my bare hands! Luckily, I came back to life as a vampire, fell in love with another psychotic maniac who wanted to be good for me, and died again at the hands of the very person I had asked to walk me down the aisle. Hmm...a soap opera based on my life doesn't seem like a bad idea. Then thanks to magical Ju Ju, I found myself on the living side of the spectrum again. Guess what happened next? Oh, I fell in love again and then...Breathe, Rose.