8 - Party time (2)

Start from the beginning

“You know the reason he didn’t want to come,” I replied, leaning on the counter. “So I offered him my help to get you and him some alone time.”

“Why are you doing this?” Benjamin frowned. “Shouldn’t you be hating me after what I did to you?”

“I got into trouble because of you but you also help me out of it.” I shrugged. “I wanted to repay you for that.”

He grinned, nodding his head. “Thank you.” I returned his smile.

“We started on the wrong foot so let’s do it again.” He stood in front of me and extended his hand. “I’m Benjamin Forbes but you can call me Ben.”

I clasped his hand, grinning. “I’m Lillian Smith but you can call me Lilly.”

“It’s my pleasure to meet you, Miss Lilly.” He bowed, making me giggle.

Benjamin’s scary when he’s angry, but he’s also kind-hearted. Maybe that’s what Toby likes about him. I was happy that I didn’t have to be frightened of him anymore and we could be friends.

“How’s this going to work?” He asked, referring to Toby.

“You two can go somewhere and if the Clichés try to find you Chloe and I will divert them.”

“You think you can do that?” He asked, raising his brows.

“I can try.”

“Alright then.” He nodded and walked backward. “When he comes back from the dance, tell him to come to my room.”

“Where’s your room?” I asked to inform Toby.

“He already knows.” Ben waggled his brows and gave me a suggestive smirk.

My eyes went round and my face heated. I shook my head to get the idea out of my mind and Ben laughed as he stepped out of the kitchen.

I pressed my hands over my face and tried to calm my blush down. I wondered how Ben kept their relationship a secret when he’s so open about everything.

My thought was cut off when the kitchen sliding glass door opened from my right and Nate entered. His eyes were on his phone in his hand, and a small smile was on his face. He wore a light grey shirt with Tommy jeans written over it and black ripped jeans with white shoes and a denim jacket.

 He wore a light grey shirt with Tommy jeans written over it and black ripped jeans with white shoes and a denim jacket

He glanced up from his phone, and when his eyes caught me staring at him, his smile widened.

“Hey, Lilly.” I gulped and awkwardly shifted in my place.

“Hi, Nate,” I mumbled and waved my hand.

He walked up to me and took a beer bottle from the table, and leaned next to me.

“How are you?” He asked, taking a sip.

“I’m... good.” I suddenly felt shy. “H-how are you?” I asked, adjusting my glasses.