We hadn't come back to look up the bloody sign after finding it on the tree that night. And, well, a lot has happened since then so we haven't thought much of it since. However, after tonight, we definitely needed to.

I ran my finger over the spines of the books, using my instincts to find one that stuck out to me. I pulled one off the shelf, flipping it open and skimming through the pages. I sighed. Nothing. How the hell was I even going to find anything in this place?

I shook my head. I should have just waited for the guys. I grabbed another book, not wanting to admit defeat as I skimmed its pages. I turn around, flipping through the pages before a figure in the corner of my eye stopped me. I dropped the book with wide eyes.

Raised brows met mine. "Care to explain what you're doing in here Ms. Maxwell?" Professor Matthews asked as he stood at the entrance with his arms crossed.

I opened and closed my mouth before responding dumbly, "Studying."

He gave me a knowing look as he walked closer, looking at the book that I dropped. He reached down to grab it as he inspected the cover. "Unless you know the old dialect, most of these books won't be of any use to you," he said as he leaned towards me, reaching next to my head and placing the book back onto the shelf.

I waited for him to move back, but he didn't. If anything, he moved even closer, his face in front of mine. "What are you looking for? Maybe I could help," he said, getting closer to me as his hand touched the bottom of my thigh.

My breathing hitched at his touch. Professor Matthews was always the best-looking teacher at this school, but the feeling of his skin against mine revolts me. "No thanks. I think I'll just come back tomorrow," I respond shakily as I tried to move around him.

He put his arm beside my head, blocking me from leaving. Okay, this was really not good. "You're digging too deep," he said in a deadly tone, stopping my attempts.

His tone caught me off guard, I could feel his hand moving towards my neck as he inched closer whispering in my ear. "You drew too much attention, Ms. Maxwell. He's too interested in you now."

I reach behind me, feeling around starting to panic. A small click sounded, the tunnel door sliding out of place. It was my only chance of outrunning him. I put my hands out, going to use my magic to push him away...until something cold and metallic clicked around my neck.

All feeling of my magic disappeared, leaving me defenseless. No. No. No. No. I start hyperventilating as the familiar sense of being trapped ensued. He had placed a magic blocking device around my neck. Visions tried to pry their way through the mental wall in my mind, but I pushed them back.

Professor Matthews ran his hand up my thigh, making me swallow the bile that was currently trying to surface. "He's been looking for you. You don't realize just how special you are, do you?" he asked in a crazed tone as he ran his fingers over my face.

I didn't know what to do. It was like my body wasn't in sync with my mind. I was powerless against him. There was only one thing I could think of. I kicked him between the legs and ran.

I took off into the tunnels, running as my heart pounded in my chest. This wasn't happening. This couldn't be happening. I used what was left of my night vision as I ran as fast as I could through the tunnel system.

I could hear a growl behind me but I didn't dare look back. Fuck, what kind of supernatural was Professor Matthews again? Shit, I should have paid attention more in class. But it didn't matter. He had magic, while I didn't.

The tunnel splits into two up ahead and unlike last time, I head right. I did not want to go back to the place that the guys and I went to last time. No thank you. I could hear footsteps getting closer as I ran into an open room.