7 - Party time (1)

Start from the beginning

“You’d do that? Even after what he did to you?”

“It wasn’t his fault,” I whispered as I remembered the bathroom conversation. “He was scared, and it’s difficult to trust a girl you just met.”

Toby's face broke into a grin, but it faded away. “But the Clichés won’t let him alone, especially on his birthday.”

“I’m sure they’re more interested in me than Benjamin these days.” I smiled. “Chloe and I’ll keep them busy.”

“Thank you.” He beamed. “And I will not tell Ben. Let’s surprise him.” I giggled and Chloe came cheering, cutting her phone.

“It’s party time!”

~•~ • ~•~ • ~•~

The next day I sat on Chloe’s bed in her room as she showed me her outfits to wear for the party, but it was hard to decide something for her. This was the second time I came to Chloe’s house. The first time was on her birthday and I was gawking when I parked my bicycle outside her house. I knew everyone at my school was rich but it still astonished me whenever I see big houses.

I never met Chloe’s father, and Mrs. Russell was such a sweet person. Chloe is an exact copy of her mother. She looked more like Chloe’s elder sister than her mother.

I looked around her room, which was decorated with white furniture and baby pink colored walls, giving it a girly look that suited Chloe. There were two doors in the room, one led to the bathroom and the other was a huge walk-in closet in which Chloe was currently. The queen-size bed in the middle of the enormous room was covered with silk pink sheets.

Chloe’s room is twice the size of mine. My room had plain white walls with just a single bed in the corner and a wall closet with a small dressing and study table.

“I should have gone shopping,” Chloe muttered as she rampaged the walk-in closet. “I have nothing to wear!” she cried in frustration.

I gaped at the pile of clothes that made a hill in the middle of the bedroom. “Um... Chloe?”

“Yeah?!” she answered from her closet.

“There are a lot of clothes here too...” I awkwardly said.

“I know, but not good enough to wear!” she huffed and came out of her closet only in her towel. Her hair was still wet from the shower. “I want to wear something good that’ll leave Louis gawking at me.” She glanced at me. “How did you decide to wear that so easily?”

I looked down at my simple white t-shirt which had two black stripes on the sleeves with black leggings. It wasn’t hard to decide what to wear since I had little choice.

“This was the best I have

“This was the best I have...” I answered Chloe, scratching my hair, which I wrapped in a ponytail.

“Help me, please!” Chloe dropped onto the bed on her stomach. “Toby will be here any minute and I haven’t even done my make-up!” She mumbled through the sheets.