"➎➏" : ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʟᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴʟɪɢʜᴛ

Start from the beginning

I nodded at him, kissing him once again. "I'll see you soon," I told him as he placed a kiss on my cheek, eliciting a groan from Damon.

"Anytime brother!" He stated, causing us both to chuckle at his eagerness to send Stefan away. "The door's that way..." He shooed him away.

"Damon!" I let out when he grabbed my waist, pulling me to him as Stefan smiled at us, making his way out of the room. No! My breakfast! I sighed, placing my head on his bare chest. Stop being dramatic, Rose. "Who's the kid now, huh?" I asked Damon, earning a purr in return as I closed my eyes with a smile.

  ━━━✿━━━ ● ✿ ● ━━━✿━━━

"I love this," I remarked, opening my eyes to peek at the outdoors through the windows.

The living room of the house was lit up with sunlight, providing a warm ambience. I was cuddled up on the couch with Damon, his head resting on mine as he held me in his arms.

"Me too," He answered gently, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"I like our life when it's like this. Peaceful and quiet," I told him, bringing his arms closer to my body. "Two weeks of peace and suddenly, eternity seems like a good thing,"

He hummed in response. "But it is our life, which probably means that something's going to happen and shatter it,"

"Don't say that," I said, pouting at him. A sigh escaped my lips as I tilted my head to look at him. "You're right, you know...something will happen and then I'll miss this. The peace. The dates. The breakfasts in bed..."

"The sex," Damon cut me off with a smirk which soon turned into a smile as I pecked his lips. "Can't deny the Salvatore special, darling,"

"You know I can't," I replied, fiddling with the neckline of his t-shirt. "Not to sound like an old person but..."

"Oh, you mean ancient?" He intervened again, making me glare at him playfully. 

"...I think it's not just the sex I crave, it's the touch, the warmth, the peace..." He smiled, intertwining our fingers. "The love and everything else. It's far from me to just think of it as...well...sex," He kept smiling silently, making me bite my lip in nervousness. "Oh Lord, I'm sounding like a golden ager, aren't I?"

"No, you're not," He mumbled softly, kissing my forehead. "On the contrary, you sound very wise and lovely...,"

We stared at each other, our fingers locked together. There was something magical about staring into Damon's eyes, something so captivating that the rest of the world seemed to fade away. Our life wasn't a fairy-tale, it was quite the opposite of the pixie dust and the happy endings but every time I looked at him, I suddenly wanted to believe in all those fantastical stories I grew up reading. Maybe we could have our happily ever after. But for a story that was supposed to go on for an eternity, was there even a happy ending? Then again, the ending was the saddest part of the story which always managed to leave an ache in my heart.

Damon's phone beeped. It was a message from Stefan, reminding us that we had to meet everybody at 3. "We better get dressed," Damon told me, placing his phone on the side table.

I stopped him before he could get up, bringing his hand to my lips to place a kiss on the top. "Hold me? Just a moment longer? Please," He nodded at me, wrapping his arms around me again and I looked up to him, bringing his face down to kiss him. "I love you," I whispered against his lips.

"I love you too, baby," He whispered back, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, making me smile softly as I rested my head on his chest again, wrapping my arms around him. "I'll always hold you. You don't have to ask twice," He placed a kiss on top of my head, causing me to close my eyes at the touch.