Chapter 23

I decided not to dig into whatever Josh had to do and focus on getting rid of Carter for now cause to be honest he was really annoying the fuck out of me now.

I went inside the cafe to see Carter already waiting. He smiled at me and waved l waved back.

"I didn't expect you to actually come" he smiles. Why the fuck did you call then?

"Yeah well l did now what is it that you wanted to talk about?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"It's about Josh...." he starts.

"Carter if you're here to talk bullshit then l think l am good and l am gonna go now" l proceed to get up but l was cut by Carter.

"Just hear me out first ok? Look l am not the bad guy in your story l care about you l really do l might've acted like a somewhat self obsessed jerk but l like you for real-" l cut him off.

"I am-" he cuts me off.

"Ashley please let me finish if you like Josh l understand ok? I won't keep trying like an idiot knowing l got no chance because honestly even when you weren't talking to Josh you never looked at me like how l looked at you it always has been Josh but l wanted to show you something" he finishes by proceeding to take out his phone.

He hands me his phone and l look at it to see a picture of Josh and a girl. A mother fucking gorgeous girl who could outshine every model. It kind of made me insecure knowing Josh talks to girls this pretty.

"What is this?" I ask.

"I was passing by and l saw them together you don't know her?" He asked.

"No?" It came out more like a question.

"That's Clara? Oh my God you have no idea? She's Josh's ex girlfriend and according to rumors the first girl Josh gave his heart to" He says and my heart stops.

"So why did they break up?" I asked not really wanting to know the answer.

"No one knows but people say she dumped him and it was mainly because she was moving out but now she's back" now she's back thats all l hear. She looks like a model and he gave her his heart this is too much to take.

"Look Ash l just wanted to let you know what l saw and as l was saying l like you and l will gladly step back if Josh keeps you happy but l can't do that if he's a dick" He finishes and l feel slight tinge of tears in my eyes.

I tell Carter l am not feeling well and get out of there. And the moment l am out l can't help but let go of all the tears. What if he's not into me like he's into her? What if he leaves me for her? What if l was never the one? I can't keep these questions out of my head.

My phone starts ringing snd pull it out of my back pocket to see that Josh was calling me. Great. I decline it. He calls me again and l switch off my phone.

Not knowing what to do or where to go l decide to go at Ariana's let's hope that she's not fucking Agust today.

I pull up in front of her house and knock. She opens the door and gasps at my state. I was crying and l was wearing mascara.

"Oh my goodness what happened to you?" She asked as she pulled me into a hug.

I cried a little more then a little more then a little more you get the drill..

I told her about Josh and Clara.

"I think you should talk to him" she says patting my back.

"Til yah bee what goo" l say not being able to form sensible words as my mouth is filled with ice cream.

"Yeah finish that first then talk" she shook her head at me and l smacked her head.

"I am in pain bitch don't shake your head at me" l said glaring at her.

"You know that Josh won't stop calling me to know where you are he might go to the cops" she states the fact.

"Just call him and say l don't want to talk to him l need some time."l say and she shrugs.

"I still think you should talk-" l cut her off.

"No" l state.

She calls Josh and puts him on speaker he answers immediately.

"Hello? Um Ariana sorry l got your number from Agust. But is Ashley with you?? Please say yes if she is" He says and sounds exhausted and upset and worried.

"Yes" she gives a short answer.

"Ok l am coming to pick her up" he says

He knows l have a bike right? I can go anywhere myself.

"No point" Ariana says clearly annoyed that l wasn't 'talking' and making her talk.

"What? What do you mean?" He asks he sounds...hurts.

"Apparently she doesn't want to talk to you" she rolls her eyes at me.

"Can you pass her the phone please?" He pleads.

"Its on speaker talk" Ariana says and l glare at her. This hoe.

"Ashley?" He asks. He sounds so fucking cute that l want to kiss him right now but l can't l need time to sort myself out of this overthinking bullshit.

"No" l state.

"What no? Can you just come home so we can talk and solve whatever the fuck is wrong" he says and Ariana nods in approval. Hoes.

"I need time to think and process all of this" l said.

"Progress fucking wha-" before he could finish l cut off the call.

"You know he's probably going to come here right?" She asks rolling her eyes.

"You will just tell him to leave won't you" l ask with a serial killer smile.

"I freaking hate your guts" she rolls her eyes.

"Love ya too my love" l wink at her and she rolls her eyes again.

"Wish you said that to Josh you two act like kids honestly" she mumbles.

"I heard that" l say playfully narrowing my eyes at ma bitch.

"Well it wasn't a secret" she rolls her eyes again. And l mimic her.

"Anywaysssssss now now gimme the Arigust tea" l say and she snorts a little.

"Arigust?" She laughs.

"You and the love of your live Agust" l elaborate and she shakes her head laughing.

"It's complicated....." she says and proceeds on giving me the juicy details. Nice!

A/N
I may or may not have uploaded half of the chapter MISTAKENLY while l was still writing 🙂✌️anyways lm sorry for those who got the notifs.

I gotta pee bye..

[edited]

Im like so different 🙄🙄👌lm WiErDdD lm not like any other girls 🥵🤏😟l piss while standing 😋lm so different 😍😍

Sorry bye 🚶‍♀️