chapter 22

Author's pov

8:37PM

The sound of doorbell rang throughout the villa as both y/n and yoongi walked out of their respective places to open the door. They met up on stairs and proceeded downstairs together without a word. Both knew the visitors... Yoongi's friends... Who else could it be?

With a mutual nod, Yoongi went to the front door while y/n turned towards the kitchen to prepare some water in case anyone needed.

He opened the door slowly but a hand pushed the door harshly, sending the poor boy stumbling backwards...

Yoongi: what the f*ck are you doing? I was opening the dam-

?? : Language yoongi!

Jin's voice hollered from behind the group of guys making Yoongi step back.

Jimin: step aside hyung! It's raining!

Yoongi:oh...

Yoongi gave way to the boys tiredly, realising the reason why he was so harshly pushed. He closed the door behind him and walked back inside only to see the handbags carelessly lying on the floor and the boys standing around the kitchen counter. They still had to retrieve their suitcases from the cars. From the corner of his eyes, he clearly saw a glimpse of Yeontan's furry body lying on the couch. Ignoring all the mess, He made his way towards the kitchen.

Y/n's pov

After preparing six glasses of purified water, I waited by the kitchen counter for yoongi to walk back to the living room with his friends.
Moments later, I heard him open the door, then a slight talk followed by many approaching footsteps.

I peeked from behind the counter and saw five boys keeping their handbags on the floor and Tae carrying a puppy to the couch. I was too focused on the new pup I'd be playing with, that I didn't even notice rest of the boys already standing around the kitchen counter until someone cleared their throat.
I looked over a little taken aback by all the enthusiastic grins... They all were wearing casual clothes with their hair slightly damp from raindrops except for Bunny who was wearing a bucket hat.
I suddenly remembered the way our last visit ended... It wasn't really the best way to part ways... Thankfully, this time I'm wearing decent clothes...

Me: uh... Hello... It's nice to see you all again...

Jimin: Hello sister-in-law...

What's with that smirk?

Me: oh, just call me y/n...hehe...

Oh God! My embarrassingly unsociable personality is coming up. Just don't let the conversation get awkward.

Jimin: sure, y/n.

Others too greeted back before helping themselves to glasses of water.

Jin: so, how are you y/n?

Me: I'm good oppa, you?

Jin: we're all very fine.