chapter 6

Author's POV

Midnight

The room was all quite until y/n suddenly sat up on the bed breathing heavily. The nightmare she just had was horrible.

It was scary....and unusual.

Looking around, Everything was dark.

She hugged her knees and started crying silently.

...

Yoongi's POV

I was lying on my half of the bed, sleeping peacefully. My usually unbreakable slumber was disturbed by someone's muffled sobs. I'm not easily distracted while sleeping and I'm not really a nice person if that happens but-

Oh sh*t! I have a wife sleeping besides me!

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around.

It was too dark but I could still make out a silhouette sitting on my bed, trembling, with the help of faint light coming from the window.

Me: y/n? 😟

I quickly scooted closer to my wife, sat up and started rubbing her back

I quickly scooted closer to my wife, sat up and started rubbing her back. She flinched a bit but I still hoped this works to calm her down.

Me: it's alright y/n-aah. Calm down...

I tried speaking as softly as possible and I could feel her loosen up a bit.

Me: okay now? 😟

I sat down on my knees to have a better access and cupped her face. She was looking so vulnerable and scared. I rubbed the tears that were escaping from her big round eyes and she shook her head and hugged me tightly.

Y/n: I'm s-scared... Dad... He..

She hid her face in my chest. Seeing her like this broke my heart. It hasn't been long since I first met her, but It seems to have affected me a lot. I need to protect her.

Me: don't be scared y/n. I'm always here from now on. Dad is fine. He must be sleeping.

Y/n: he... He didn't w-wake u-up...

Me: it's just a bad dream baby. Forget it... Let's sleep.

Y/n: b-but-

Me: we'll go to Dad first thing in the morning baby. Rest now... Okay?

With that, I pulled her with me to lie down. She was almost trembling while holding onto me. I hummed a tune to calm her down and after a long time, she finally fell asleep, still holding tightly onto me.

<<< feels like I handed him a crybaby to care for... >>>