"Are you sure you want to fly? We can drive, you know..."

        "I know. I want to fly. It's faster."

        "If you're sure. We're leaving in the morning, so do you want to check out tonight or tomorrow morning?"

        "Tonight, like I said before."

        "Okay. And you're okay with staying with Peter? You don't want a hotel room?"

        "No."

        "Alright. If you're positive."

        "Yes."

        "Okay. I'll go get the papers signed, you stay right here, okay? I'll come and get you when I'm done."

        Kelly nodded and sat on her bed. Trace left the room to go get her released and pay for the bill. She sat alone, looking around at the only room she'd know safety in for the longest time. She wasn't sure she was ready to go outside again for fear of being kidnapped again.

        She ventured to the window and looked out, breathing in the air and watching the people bustling about in the streets, continuing with life whereas she'd been locked up for so long. She remembered how much she'd hated her life of being shut up in the house under the watch of her mother all the time, but now, she longed with every ounce of her being to be in her own house again with her mother watching over her. Never again, she vowed to herself, would she complain about her life. Never again.

        "Taking one last look of downstate New York?"

        She whirled around and saw Peter standing there, smiling at her like he does when she's not looking.

        "Yeah. I've felt safe here for so long, it's...it's gonna be hard."

        "Can I ask you something?"

        "Sure."

        "After all you've been through, most girls would shut down and remain silent and nervous, but yet, you talk. Why do you talk?"

        "Force of habit...When I was with Master, he made me talk. He hated the quiet. I guess I got used to it."

        "Please, Kelly, for me, don't call him that anymore."

        "I don't know any other name for him."

        "So...you don't know who he was?"

        "No..."

        Just then, Trace came back in and Peter didn't answer.

        "Ready to go?"

        Kelly nodded and walked slowly forward, taking Trace's hand. Peter followed behind them as they left the room. Kelly's grip on her brother's hand tightened as they walked further from her room.

        "You alright?" he asked.

        "Yes," she replied. But her eyes were watching everything and her nerves were making her hands shake. Peter noticed this and bravely stepped up closer and took her hand. She was startled, but after a few seconds of thought, she let him hold it. It calmed her nerves to have her hands held.

        They soon reached the doors and a few nurses and doctors clapped for her and said goodbye to her. She nodded towards them and thanked a few before Trace gently pulled her along. One in particular, was her personal nurse who had watched over her and fed her and cared for her while Peter was gone those long weeks. She let go of her brother's and Peter's hands to give her a hug.

        "Thank you for all you did for me," she said.

        "You are very welcome, Kelly. If you ever need anything else. Anything at all, don't hesitate to call."

        Kelly nodded and took her brother's hand and Peter's again, glancing back at her nurse before being led out of the building.

        Once on the street, Kelly's nerves skyrocketed. She practically clung to Trace.

        "Trace, she's not doing well, my car is this way. Come on, hurry," Peter said, jogging ahead to his car.

        "I'm fine, it's okay, there's just...a lot of people," she said as she dodged running into some and practically passed out when others bumped her.

        "Kel, hey, calm down, look at me," Trace said, stopping her and holding her face to look at just him, "You're okay. It's me, Trace. I'm your big brother and I won't ever let anything happen to you again. You believe me, don't you?"

        She nodded, "Yes."

        "Good. And one more thing: you know that Peter loves you, right? He wants you to be okay. He told me he wishes he could come with us so he could watch over you as he did so many months in this hospital, but he has school to finish and work to do, you understand he can't come with us, don't you?"

        She looked over at Peter who was waiting by his car and nodded, "I do understand. I don't know why, but I just...I feel safe around him."