The Task-Final Chapter

Diana:

The year passed quickly, and it was scary. Draco has been working nonstop, to the point where he isn't eating or drinking. Theo has to bring him food every day to make sure he's alive. Draco doesn't want me in there, or that's the message that's traveled to me.

"But why?" I ask.

Theo shrugs. "Probably to keep you safe," He says.

He was so wrong.

The task was finished, the Vanishing Cabinet was fixed. I was sitting in my room when Dagwood taps on my window.

"Thank you, Dagwood," I feed her some granola as I open it. It says:

Diana.

Leave Hogwarts now. The task is ready. I can't risk you getting hurt or killed. You, Blaise, and Alaire need to leave. I've sent letters to our friends, but you are my number one priority. Please go somewhere safe, I'll find you when this is all over. That is, if all ends well.

I love you more than you know, Diana Aryelle. Please remember that.

All my love, D.M.

My heart stops for a minute. Everything went numb, but I knew I needed to get out of here. I toss all my memorabilia in a small trunk. Pictures, my songbooks, my special quill, Elaine's old stuff, and my guitar. The trunk shrinks to be small enough to put in my pocket. I run to Blaise's room and he comes out already ready to go.

"You got it too?" I ask. 

"Yeah. Go get Alaire," I run to grab my little sister. She had received a letter as well, so she finishes packing her things and runs with us.

But we were too late.

A scream comes from under the Astronomy Tower. Dumbledore was dead. I raise my wand to commemorate him. Blaise does the same, followed by Alaire. The students outside do the same.

"Come on. Let's go before-" A student screams and DeathEaters cackles.

"RUN!" I scream. I grab Alaire's hand and we run. Blaise leads us. A part of the building looks like it was about to collapse. 

"Keep going!" I scream. Blaise keeps running and I keep looking back, Alaire pulling me ahead. The bricks start to fall.

"DUCK!" I jump, protecting Alaire. We land on the floor, brick covering us. I push my way out, helping Blaise and Alaire.

"She's hurt," I tell Blaise. Alaire winces, her ankle cut up severely and swollen. 

"Take her. I'll catch up. They want you, so run and I'll find you," Blaise picks up Alaire bridal style. I hold onto the both of them, humming the song Father used to sing. A blue shield surrounds them. Blaise hugs me and runs.

Alecto spots me and smiles sinisterly. "I've got her!" He calls to the others.

"Do you? Do you really?" I ask. "STUPIFY!" I scream. Alecto flies back, but he has many others to help him.

I summon my Patronus without even saying the incarnation. It floats above me, the blue light blinding everyone but me.

"Elaine, ATTACK!" I point my wand forward and the phoenix, which I named after my late sister, attacks. She pushes everyone about 75 feet back and fights them off, disarming them and even killing a few.

I spot Snape. My heart begins to shatter, but just as Elaine begins to attack, I hold my hand up.

"Not him," I tell her. She stands back. Snape looks at me, astonished.

"Thank you," He whispers, and runs. I run, Elaine by my side, helping anyone I can. I spot Draco.

"Stay, Elaine," I tell the Patronus and she does as she's told, but fight anyone who comes near her.

"You're okay!" Draco hugs me. "What are you doing here?"

"We didn't get out in time. Blaise took Alaire, she got injured," I tell him.

"I didn't do it. Kill Dumbledore, I mean. Snape did it," Draco tells me.

"Oh," Is all I can say. "Go, go fight. I'll see you on the other side," We share one last kiss before going our separate ways. 

I run as fast as I can, seeing the end where I can escape. Before I do, someone blocks my way. Lucius Malfoy.

"Well well well. If it isn't Draco's little girlfriend," He sneers. Elaine hisses and begins to attack. I run while I have the chance.

My legs feel like they were about to explode. They were hard as rocks, but also like jello. I couldn't breathe. Someone whistles and I spot Blaise, crouching down with someone. It was Ella.

"She got numbed and we can't fix it," He pants. Miles stands by us in tears. I hum the lullaby, tracing her arms and legs. Sure enough, she regains the ability to move, but Ella is still very injured.

Miles conjures his Patronus, a deer. "Take her to safety," He orders it.

"No way. I'm fine, I'm totally fine," Ella lies.

"I can't risk you getting more hurt. Go, I'll come to find you," He says. Ella reluctantly agrees and the Patronus takes off.

"Madam Pomfrey took Alaire to heal her. She'll be fine, but we need to fight," Blaise says. I nod and so does Miles.

We stand in a triangle form, fighting off invaders. Miles stupifies a DeathEater, while Blaise numbs another. I shoot as many as I can, but then, a wand is pointed at my head.

_____________________________

My Princess,

You always love it when I called you Princess. So, in my last letter to you, I will call you my Princess. Because you were just that.

They killed you, Diana. They took you from me. I heard Blaise scream from a mile away. He was sobbing, unable to breathe. Everything faded from me the second I saw you, ash covering your beautiful face.

How could they do this to you? My love, my Princess, my concert singer. You didn't deserve this.

Harry Potter killed Voldemort. I'm free, but I'm not free. You're gone, Diana. You're gone, and I can't do anything to bring you back.

I will never forget you. I will never stop loving you. 

All my love, Draco

A/N: So....that's the end of Evolution.

I know a lot of people will be unhappy about me killing off Diana, but please don't be mad. It's not something I decided last minute, it was the original intent of this story. 

Thank you for all your support and love for this story. It means everything to me. I will be releasing a Q+A soon, so add your questions if you want!