The Second Task

Diana:

"I'm telling you, Draco. Crabbe likes any and every girl he sees!" I laugh as we walk back to the dungeons.

"Even Pugface?" He asks.

"ESPECIALLY her! He couldn't stop staring during Potions!" We both laugh as we enter the Common Room.

"Astronomy Tower at 11?" He asks.

"I'll be there," I smile and head to my dorm.

"I need to rant," I say to Milicent and Daphne when they get back.

"Go ahead," Millicent sits comfortably on her bed.

"Okay so," I take a breath. "I think I like Cedric," I start. Daphne looks at me with wide eyes.

"Go on," She urges.

"I don't know what happened! I realized when I hear about Cho. I felt, blinded by love. Which is really weird. I didn't like him in the first place, it was just a stupid plan. But now Cedric is caring and kind and funny, but he can be controlling. I mean look at me!" I look in the mirror.

"I miss hardcore Diana. She was fun," Millicent says as she plays with her quills.

"I know, but... Actually, I don't know what I want anymore," I huff.

"Are you seeing Draco soon?" Daphne asks.

"Tonight at 11 in the Astronomy Tower," I reply, putting on a sweater I stole from Blaise. 

"I think you should be with Draco. Dump Diggory, tell Blaise, and be happy already," Millicent says.

"Easy for you to say. You're not me," I reply as I head out. I sneak past Filch, him not even noticing me anymore. I open the door and Draco is already there.

"Hey," I smile. He kisses my cheek and we sit on the roof.

"The second task is tomorrow," Draco notes, breaking the silence.

"And the Yule Ball is in a week," I remember.

"I hate dances so much," Draco scowls.

"Believe me, I know," I reply. I lean my head on his shoulder. 

"So you're not going?" Draco asks.

"Oh no, I am. I have to go since..." I don't bring up Cedric's name. "I wish you were taking me. You're more fun,"

"Glad you realized that, Baby Z," He jokes and I laugh a bit.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you," I look at Draco. "Mother wants you to stay with us for the holidays," He offers.

"Sure, why not? It's better than going home," We share a smile as we look back up at the sky.

"Okay I really didn't want to bring this up but," Draco takes a breath. "What is going on with you and Diggory?" 

I lay down and Draco laughs, joining me. "I have no idea what I'm doing anymore," I confess. Draco takes my hand. 

"I'll wait for you. Make your choice and I'll wait for you," He says.

"I choose you, Draco. That's who I will always choose. You know what? After the Yule Ball, I'm going to tell Blaise and finally be happy with you," I decide. Draco smiles.

"Good. Well, I should get some sleep since the second task is tomorrow. We can walk back together," Draco helps me down and we head back until someone pulls me aside.

"Hello, Ced," I greet him politely.

"Your dress arrived. I just wanted to give it to you," He kisses me and I feel so weird. I thank him and run back to the dungeons.