The Wedding

Diana:

February 15th crept up on me like a test I was unprepared for. I did everything I could to stop this wedding, despite Elaine's pleads to let Mother be, but it wasn't enough.

"Oi," Blaise calls from outside the door. I adjust my flowy white dress. Unlike the dress Cedric had gotten me, this was gorgeous. It was simple, elegant, and most importantly, comfortable. Both fit-wise and in my comfort zone.

"Yeah?" I ask. Blaise opens the door and adjusts his bow tie.

"Potion's gonna be pretty awkward now, hey?" He jokes. I smile.

"Yeah," I adjust my dress.

"Hey," I look at Blaise. "Things are gonna be okay. It's not like Mother is going to come all the way to Hogwarts to poison Snape," Blaise reasons.

"Fair point," I reply. I hear Sable giggling outside and Alaire telling her to give us space.

"What I would do to be six again," Blaise whispers to me. "Or even ten," I nudge him and he opens the door. There was someone else there.

"Sable, leave Draco alone. Sorry, mate," Blaise apologizes. Sable giggles and Alarie drags her away, helping her get ready.

"Di?" He asks.

"In here!" I call from my closet, slipping on my heels.

"Wow," He smiles, starstruck.

"Wow, yourself," I admire him in his all-black suit. I adjust his tie and smile.

"How are you doing?" He asks.

I shrug. "Fine, I guess," Draco smiles sadly and kisses the top of my head.

"Sorry about my sisters," I apologize.

"No need. They're cute, especially Sable. And Merlin where did Alaire get so tall?" I laugh.

"Yeah, she'll be coming to Hogwarts next year," I smile. I hear Elaine outside.

"Diana! Guests are arriving!" She calls.

I take a deep breath. "This is it," I whisper.

"I'll be right next to you, don't worry," Draco gives me an encouraging smile as I head outside. My house elf, Cecilia hands me a heating charm.

"Thank you, Cecilia. Can you make sure Sable and Alaire are ready?" I ask her.

"Cecilia can do anything, Miss Zabini. Miss Zabini looks very pretty tonight," She says and rushes off to get Sable. I tuck my heating charm in the back of my dress, feeling the warmth on my skin. I spot Daphne and her sister Astoria walk in with their mother and I wave them over.

"You look gorgeous!" Daphne hugs me. Her dress was a deep green and she wore a black fur coat on top of it.

"So do you!" I reply and wave Ella over. She was wearing a dark blue flowy dress that makes her look like a waterfall.

"Look at the maid of honor! You look stunning," Ella gives me a quick hug.

"You look absolutely amazing. Brian looked like he was going to faint," Ella blushes.

"He still hasn't asked me to Hogsmeade yet," Ella says glumly.

"Twat," Draco interjects. "You all look nice. Brian's completely oblivious to girls' feelings, so give it time," I smile. Sable and Alaire come outside, each in white bubble skirt dresses.

"Aww look how big Sable has gotten!" Daphne gushes.

"She'll be seven in March," I reply. Sable twirls and giggles, waving to my friends. Ella and Daphne wave back. Draco only smiles.