The Announcement-Diana Only

Diana:

Things have been changing around here since my and Blaise's sixteenth birthday.

Unrelated to us, Draco is working on his task more. While he isn't around during the school day, he comes at night to spend time with me. Usually, he'll come to my dorm, but sometimes I'll be waiting in his room doing homework or writing a song.

Related to my birthday, Blaise is now getting insanely busy with taking care of the family business. According to tradition-since there has been another set of D'Ambrossio twins, the male twin runs the Mafia, and the female runs the winey. Blaise has been missing tons of school to train in Italy, and he's even spending the whole Christmas break there. I'm staying back at Hogwarts with Alaire and Draco.

It's December 29th. Snow is falling at every possible moment and I run through the snow with Alaire. 

"Watch this!" She chucks a tightly-packed snowball towards a target we made. It hits it perfectly.

"Woah! Nice shot!" I high-five her and notice the sun setting rapidly.

"We should head inside, it's getting really cold," Alaire says and I nod, taking her gloved hand as we walk inside. Alaire heads to her room to warm up and I grab some food before chilling in the empty Common Room. Draco was working, Alaire was probably resting, and no other Slytherins were staying for the holidays. So, I chill alone.

I look next to me, smiling sadly thinking of Blaise. I shake off the blues and walk around the whole of Hogwarts, not realizing how taxing it would be. I hold the railing of the stairs, panting as I walk down to the dorms.

"Draco probably isn't back, so I'll wait in his dorm for him so we can spend some time together," I think to myself as I head to his dorm, playing with the earrings he got me last Christmas. This year, he got me a big stuffed bear. Such a softie.

To my surprise, as I slowly open the door, I see Draco in his room. He's reading a book, a small smile etched on his lips. He turns towards the door and his smile only gets bigger.

"Hi," I smile.

"Hello, darling. Come on in," Draco says kindly and my heart swells. I run and jump onto the bed, my head landing perfectly in the space between Draco and the rest of the bed. Draco goes back to reading but he threads his fingers through my hair now.

"How was your day? I'm sorry I couldn't see you much," Draco says.

"Don't be sorry. It was good. A bit lonely, but good nonetheless. How about you?" I reply as Draco turns a page.

He shrugs. "Monotonus, except for right now," I blush.

"Aw," I laugh a bit and Draco chuckles. I rest my head on his chest. "Whatcha reading?" I ask.

"A book called Number 04. It's a Quidditch story," He tells me.

"Cool," I reply. Draco puts the book down, sliding a leather bookmark by the page he left off on.

"So," I start. "Can you not work this Friday?" I ask.

"Why?" Draco asks.

"There's a New Years concert I want to take you to," I smile. This was called Sing in the New Year, which was in the heart of London every year. Famous singers from all around the world ring in the New Year by putting on an amazing show. There's lights, singing, dancing, fireworks, and it's the best. I've been since I was ten years old.

-flashback-

It was the day before Christmas. I rush through the busy London streets, Christmas carols ringing out in the streets. I needed gifts, and I needed them fast. My eyes were on the windows of the decorated boutiques, praying I could find something, anything, for my family.