I Hate You Cedric Diggory

Diana:

The rest of the year went by in a flash. Not much new information was found, but we keep living. Severus looks happier, which made everyone else happy. Draco and I were still going strong, both as friends and as boyfriend and girlfriend. We even went on a bunch of double dates with Blaise and Millicent, which was really fun.

Today was the third task and the last day before the school year ended. I smile at my filling trunk. For once, I was excited to go home. Alaire would be turning 11 this summer, meaning her Hogwarts letter would be arriving. Blaise was beyond excited, but Alaire was so excited she could explode. Mother has been writing, saying how Alaire has been talking about Hogwarts non-stop.

Speaking of Mother, her comments have pretty much stopped. What was once constant verbal abuse is the occasional backhanded compliment. That's it. I've never had a better relationship with her.

"Diana!" I hear a voice call my name. I turn around to find Cedric calling me over. Great, the last person I want to see.

I place my hand on Draco's upper arm. "Save me a seat, alright?" I ask him. I kiss his cheek and walk over to Cedric.

"What do you want?" I ask him.

"To talk to you," He replies.

"You are talking to me, so can we speed this along so I can get back to my boyfriend? You know, the one who's loyal to me, not toxic, and who doesn't want to change me," I snap.

"Look I-" I cut in.

"To be very clear, I hate you, Cedric Diggory. I will always hate you for what you did to me, and nothing you will say or do will fix that. So if you will excuse me, I have people waiting for me," I stalk off, my head held higher and my grin a bit more malicious.

"Everyone alright?" Draco asks.

"Never better," I smile and stare at the hedges. As the task went on, everyone grew more and more anxious. Draco even grips my hand tighter and tighter with every minute.

"Look! Cedric and Potter are out!" Everyone cheers, but something is wrong. Why was Potter dragging Cedric?

"THAT'S MY SON! THAT'S MY BOY!" Cedric's father screams. The realization slaps me in the face; Cedric died.

I run out of the stands. Even though Cedric broke my heart, the fact that the last words I said to him were "I hate you" killed me inside.

Sure, I'm not an angel, but I'm not a devil. I'm not that cruel. I feel tears splash onto my cheeks and land on my robe.

"Diana?" Someone asks. I look up to see Blaise.

"Hey," He envelopes me in a hug.

"I...I told him I hated him....that was the last thing I ever said to him...I..." I don't finish my sentence.

"It's okay, Di," Blaise whispers. "I'm right here, I'm not leaving," I stare into the brown doe eyes we both share. As Blaise and I got older, the doe eyes turned into eyes that now see the world as its true form, dark, cruel, and unfair.

"I shouldn't have said that," I sniffle.

"Hey, don't let him get to you. You have every right to hate him," Blaise puts his hand on my shoulder lovingly.

"Thanks, Blaise," I smile a bit.

"That's what twins are for, eh?" He replies, smiling sadly. I wipe my eyes and spot Draco anxiously looking for us.

"The Dark Lord is back," He pants.

"Are you kidding?" I ask, appalled.

"I wish I was. Are you guys gonna be okay?" He asks.

"We should warn Mother," Blaise thinks aloud and I nod. Draco offers me his hand and I take it, walking to the Astronomy Tower together.

"I forgot how long it's been since I've been here," I smile. Draco and I walk to the ledge where we look out into the rest of Hogwarts.

"Are you gonna be okay?" He asks me.

"Yeah," I say, then realized it didn't sound convincing. "I mean, I hope I will. If you need to, come over. Mother doesn't mind, she loves you after all," Draco chuckles a bit.

"I had a thought about finding more about your birth father. Have you ever met his relatives?" Draco asks.

"Yeah. My cousins go to Dumstrang, so I saw them a bit while they were here. Why?" I ask.

"Well, I was thinking you could ask them? I don't know much, and I don't know how forthcoming your mom is so..." I nod. It was a great idea.

"Mother has been dying to get a house on the coast. Or an estate by a winery," I smile, the plan forming in my head.

"Oh my Godric, you have to spend a whole summer with Snape!" We both laugh.

"That's gonna be awkward, but Alaire is going to be asking him so many questions about Hogwarts that he won't even be able to talk to me," Draco smiles and we lay on the cool floor.

Draco:

The next day, we headed home. Diana couldn't be more excited. She has always loved the summer. The weather, the freedom, and the change of scenery. Blaise has always been impartial, but still excited to see his sister.

As for Basillio, I'm giving Diana small clues to hopefully guide her in the right direction. I can't risk her lashing out at me, or losing her trust in me.

"Italy?" Blaise asks Diana as we board the train.

"It's going to be great! Music, food, the beach, it'll be nice!" I kiss Diana's cheek.

"Thank you," She blushes. "Anyways, are we having a party or not?" She asks.

"Duh!" Theo agrees.

"Of course!" Millicent smiles.

"Is that even a question?" Daphne asks.

"Who's bringing the alcohol?" I joke.

"I will!" Blaise volunteers. Diana rolls her eyes.

When we reach Diagon Alley, we all promise to write and head to each of our separate families. Surprisingly, Mother has come to pick me up. Diana waves and Blaise keeps staring before Diana nudges him.

"Welcome back, dear," Mother smiles. She gives me a hug as we apparate home.

I hate being home. It's basically a magical barrier preventing any happiness from seeping through it's thick walls.

I already miss Diana and it hasn't even been an hour since we got off the train.

"Welcome home, my son," Father greets me.

"Thank you," Is all I say before running to my room. I hear something in there, someone laughing.

"Surprise!" Diana laughs at my shocked face. I kiss her soft lips, smiling so brightly it rivaled the sun's rays.

"Wow, you really did miss me," Diana smiles.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Pack your bags, love. You're going to Italy!"

A/N: Emotional rollercoaster checkkk! Have you ever been to Italy? Do you want to go? let me know in the comments!