O.W.Ls, Letters, and Love

Diana:

"Ugh, how long have we been studying for?" Blaise groans, his head hitting an open book. O.W.Ls snuck up on all of fast, so I organized a study session for all of us after dinner.

"Less than an hour," I roll my eyes and review my Charms notes. While I had been studying like crazy every day, I still wasn't feeling ready about Charms and Divination.

"Sorry I'm late," Draco kisses my cheek and slaps palms with Blaise. Millicent and Ella say hello before looking down.

"I'm toast. I'm gonna fail this test," I bury my head in my Charms book.

"Ha. Finally, I'm better than you in something," I flip him off, my head still in my book.

"Blaise," Millicent says sternly.

"Sorry, Di. You okay?" He asks. I say nothing, mentally fried.

"She's been here since after lunch studying. You must be so done, Diana," Ella says, flipping to another page in her book.

"Poor girl. Come on, Di. You need a break," Draco starts collecting my things and putting them in my new leather messenger bag. I pick my head up out of my book reluctantly and put that away.

"I need to study, Draco," I tell him as we walk back to the Common Room.

"You've studied for nearly seven hours. You will do fine, you're just stressed. Come relax for a bit, and if you're still feeling iffy, I'll help you," Draco bargains. By this point, we are opening the door to Draco's dorm.

I faceplant onto the bed. "I need food," I mumble.

"What's the magic word?" Draco teases.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, I am hangry and if you don't get me food in the next sixty seconds I will not be the nice Diana you know," I say calmly, my stomach growling.

"Well, I have something for you," A delicious smell fills the room.

"Cookies," I smile. "My favorite. This would pair well with-"

"Milk?" Draco asks.

"And cuddles," I smile like a little kid.

"Coming, Princess," I finish a cookie and Draco lets me snuggle in his arms.

"Better?" He asks.

"Much," I smile, kissing his cheek. "Thank you,"

"Anytime. Do you still want to work on Charms?" Draco reaches for his notes, filled in perfectly with neat cursive writing.

"Sure," I reply. We spend an hour clearing up everything making my head cloudy.

"See?  All better. I fix everything," Draco teases.

"Yes you do," I reply, chuckling. I close my eyes and doze off a bit.

The next Monday was the beginning of O.W.Ls, and of course, Charms was first. Thankfully, it was only a written exam, making things easier. I sat down, remembering the little tricks Draco had taught me to remember certain Charms and their affects.

Potions, despite being 6th Year Potions, was easy, both the written test and actual Potion identification. The worst was DADA. Umbridge decided to have these extremely loud heels that CLACK against the floor so loud it sounded like 100 feet walking on the floor. Blaise and I look at each other, rolling our eyes and continuing our tests. Draco finishes his test quickly, then me and Blaise at the same time.

"Merlin her high heels were motivating me to finish quicker," I huff as we head to the Black Lake to relax. The snow falling from the cloud-covered sky seemed to bring a freshness to the air. The lake was frozen over, but we didn't mind. The three of us sat until Millicent and Ella finished their tests.