Quidditch and Date Night

Diana:

"Good luck out there, Di," Blaise does our handshake before I mount my broom, my gloved hands gripping the wood.

"You too. Not like you need it," We smile and fly out, the field coming into view. The rest of the prospective team was up there. I spot Crabbe, Goyle, Miles Bletchley, more people I didn't recognize, and the new captain, Graham Montague. It seemed different without Flint since he had graduated last year, but this was Quidditch. I scan for Draco, and he flies out from the boys' locker room on the other side of the field using the broom I bought him.

We were split into two teams for a scrimmage. It was simple, the winners or the people who played the best would be awarded a spot on the team. The Quaffle was thrown and I speed forward, swerving to avoid Crabbe and Goyle. They are vicious fighters, using their whole body weight to shove someone off a broom. Friends mean nothing in Quidditch tryouts. I juke out Crabbe, confusing both of them, giving me enough time to score.

"YEAH DIANA!" Ella cheers from the sidelines. I watch the Hufflepuff teams' mouths drop open in shock. The Ravenclaws were huddling together, strategizing. 

"Draco Malfoy has caught the Snitch! Team One wins!" I hear and I cheer. Crabbe and Goyle grumble to themselves as they land their brooms.

"Mister Montague, would you like to announce the new team?" Madam Pomfrey asks.

"It would be my pleasure," We all hold our breath.

"Of course, Malfoy our seeker," Draco smirks and I grin. Even if I didn't make it, I would be thrilled if Draco and Blaise both made it.

"Our two Chasers are the Zabini Twins. Warrington and Pucey are substitutes," Blaise and I smile at each other, preventing the urge to brag.

"Crabbe and Goyle are Beaters, and Bletchley is our keeper. To everyone else, thank you for trying out," The rejected teammates grumble and walk off the field to the locker rooms. Umbridge approaches Graham to discuss the new rules as we head to change.

"Look at us, Diana. The Zabini twins, the diabolical duo," Blaise jokes.

"You got that right. And then the Terrifying Trio with Draco," Blaise nods, agreeing. I change into a green designer sweater with a white-collar shirt underneath and ripped jeans. I pull it all together with green high-top sneakers.

"Di!" Draco calls and I smile happily.

"Congratulations," He smiles. "You were amazing out there,"

"You too," I reply. "I don't think Hogwarts has had a better seeker. This year, we'll finally beat those Gryffindors, I'll make sure of it," I promise. Draco nudges me playfully, his way of showing affection in public.

"You doing anything the rest of the day?" He asks.

"Not really. Just doing homework and listening to music. Why?" I ask. Draco takes my hand.

"How about we do something?" He suggests.

"Elaborate,"

"Maybe I take you out to dinner, to somewhere I know you love in the heart of London," Draco starts.

"You had me at dinner," I tease, and Draco smiles.

"Does seven sound good, Princess?" He asks and I blush.

"Seven sounds great," Draco gives me a quick kiss before catching up with Crabbe and Goyle.

That boy.

"YOU'RE GOING ON A DATE?!" Ella practically screams.

"Good Merlin Ella, the entire Wizarding World doesn't need to know. Plus, it's not new. We're dating, remember?" I nudge her.