Cloudy With a Chance of Forgiveness

Diana:

Forgiveness. A luxury few can afford to spare because forgiveness means the action needing to be forgiven is trivial in the path of life.

The question isn't "can I forgive?" It's "what will it look like when I forgive?" So, I ask myself, what will it look like when I forgive Draco? Will things go back to normal? Will things be better or worse?

"Diana!" Ella snaps her fingers in front of my face.

"Sorry, I was spaced out. What were you saying?" I ask, walking with Ella and Theo to Hogsmeade.

"I was saying how Brian and Astoria broke up," She repeats.

"That's good for you. When are you going to make your move?" I ask, nudging Ella playfully.

"Maybe on Monday. Oh also, how are you feeling with the whole Malfoy situation?" Ella asks.

I shrug. "I don't know. Is it okay if we don't talk about it?" I ask.

"Of course. Let's stop for a Butterbeer before I die of thirst," Theo says and we all head to the Three Broomsticks.

"Gryffindor squad, three o-clock," Theo nudges me. Hermione waves at me and I wave back, smiling a bit.

"Since when are you so buddy-buddy with Hermione Granger?" Ella asks, giving me a look.

"I wouldn't say buddy-buddy, but friendly. She's alright," I reply before a waitress comes to take our order. We sip away, continuing to talk before Theo nods his head towards the door.

"You do realize you can say Draco Malfoy and I won't freak out, right?" I chuckle. Theo blushes. Draco nods to Ella.

"One sec," Ella walks with Draco outside the restaurant.

"Anyways," Theo turns to me with his charismatic smile. "What's new with you?"

I shrug. "I have a match against Gryffindor tomorrow, so that's something. Oh, I don't think I told you, my mother is pregnant with two girls. She got a donor," I explain.

"That's amazing! Are you thinking of names?"

"Blaise and I like the name Gabrielle, but we haven't found another name yet," I smile. Theo was a breath of fresh air. He's kind, compassionate, humorous, and charismatic. Not to mention, Theo is incredibly handsome. With wavy black hair and hazel eyes, he could have any girl he wants. 

"Well, you still have a bit of time, don't you?" Theo asks as Ella heads back to our table.

I nod as Ella slides into her seat next to me. "Sorry about that. Malfoy has been really down lately. He feels so-"

"We promised to not mention it, remember?" Theo reminds Ella. "Let us know when you're ready to talk about it, okay?" I nod as I drink the last of my Butterbeer.

"You're not coming to hang out?" Millicent asks me later that day as I sit in my room, doing Alaire's hair for her birthday in two days.

"Nope," I reply as I comb through Alaire's beautiful brown hair. Millicent gives me a look.

"Why not?" Alaire asks me.

I stay silent. "Is it about Draco?" My little sister asks again as I wave my wand over her hair to make it easy to work with.

"Yes it is, Alaire," Millicent answers for me and I give her a look.

"He talked to me the other day and said that he misses you. Like a lot, and he's really sorry and he's trying to do something really special to say that he's sorry," Alaire says.

I perk up. "He did?" I ask, trying to hide my happiness.

"Uh-huh," Alaire says as I fix the last bit of her hair before pointing my wand at it to make it stay. 

"Thanks, A. You're all done. Now, go have fun," I kiss my little sister on the cheek and she heads out of my dorm. Millicent smiles and sits next to me.

"I think you should come tonight. It'll be fun, just the crew hanging out," Millicent says.

I think it over. "Sure, why not?" I reply, smiling. I head to get ready when a small piece of paper slips under my door.

Draco:

Back and forth. Back and forth. I pace in front of Diana's room, trying to muster up the courage to give her the song I wrote. I couldn't do it, I just couldn't it. So, I drop the paper and run to Ella's dorm.

"I did it," I told her. Ella cheers a bit before giving me a look.

"Did you actually talk to Diana?" She asks.

"No," I say sheepishly. "I left the paper by her dorm," Ella smacks her head and pushes me outside Diana's dorm. Her door is left ajar with enough space for me to see the piano. Diana looks at the paper and places it on the piano.

*Imagine the song being Before You Go by Lewis Capaldi*

When Diana finishes, she smiles and wipes some stray tears. But, before I can go inside, someone grabs my hand.

"Hello, Draco," Pansy whispers before she kisses me. 

I'm helpless, unable to move. I couldn't. The next few minutes were a blur, but the one thing I remember was Diana's beautiful smile change into an expression filled with hurt and betrayal. 

"Wait!" I call and push Pansy off of me. I run after Diana, trying to tell her how sorry I was, that it wasn't my choice, that I didn't love Pansy, but I lost her.

The Room of Requirements wouldn't let me in. The door was locked with some sort of enchantment, but I heard punches and sobs. The girls run through the door easily, comforting Diana. Blaise approaches me with Theo and Brian, another friend of Diana's.

"Remember when I said you wouldn't get off so easily, Malfoy?" Blaise asks. "It's one thing to be rude to my sister, but when you cheat," Blaise laughs sinisterly. "It's taking everything in me not to kill you right here. Boys, hold him down," Theo and Brian hold my arms down as Blaise punches me straight in the face. I felt pain course through every part of me as the three eventually team up until a girl screams "STOP! BLAISE STOP YOU'RE GONNA KILL HIM!"

That's when I blacked out.

A/N: ...