Narrator+Theo: Betrayal

Narrator:

Draco knew he messed up.

He knew that he messed up the second those words left his mouth. He thought of every way to reverse them, but it was to no avail.

He told the DeathEaters about Elaine.

The reason Elaine's existence is to be kept a secret is by birth order, no matter her genetic magic deficiency, she inherits the Zabini name and mafia business, meaning, all connections go to her. The original plan was to take Diana, but Draco managed to steer them away from that idea long before this meeting.

He was mad at Diana. They argued before, and those blind Draco. They make him forget that love exists, that a fight does not mean that people lose their love for you. At the moment he told, the moment he exposed the biggest secret he has ever had to keep, every happy memory he has shared with Diana came to mind.

But, it was too late.

It was one summer afternoon when everything went so terribly wrong. The Zabini family decided to stay local for the summer, meaning Draco would visit often. The afternoon was turning to dusk when it happened.

Elaine was setting the table with Diana, the two talking normally when the lightning struck. Everything went dark.

"Elaine?" Diana asks. 

"What's happening?" Elaine asks.

"I don't know," Diana replies, her voice shaky. They hear a cackle, an ear-piercing, familiar cackle.

"DeathEaters," Diana says. "Run!" But before they could run, Elaine was grabbed.

The figures became clearer. Lucius, Narcissa, Alecto, Snape, Bellatrix, and Barty Crouch Jr.

"Well, it seems we found the true heir, haven't we? Well done, Draco!" Bellatrix says.

Diana's eyes went straight to Draco. He told.

It was him.

"Let her go," Diana begs. "Please. Take me instead,"

Bellatrix laughs. "You aren't worth anything," She says, then points her wand at Elaine.

"Obliviate,"

"NO!" Diana screams, sobbing. She falls to the floor as the DeathEaters leave. Snape looks back. If he could look remorseful, the monotone, expressionless look with a small frown would be it.

Diana couldn't control herself. She was sobbing, shaking. Her sister, her Elaine, was gone.

"YOU! I TRUSTED YOU!" Diana screams, running for Draco before Blaise holds her back.

"Diana, don't," He says. 

"If it wasn't for him, Elaine would still be here!" She replies, crying harder with every breath.

"Diana I-"

"DON'T say you're sorry. No amount of "sorry"s will bring my sister back. I can't believe you, I really thought you weren't that person your family shaped you up to be. I guess I was wrong," She sobs out, choking on her own words.

Draco has tears of his own. He broke Diana, he broke his safety net.

"I'm ashamed to have dated you," Diana whispers, but the words amplify in Draco's head.

"Don't ever come near me or my family again," Diana whispers, shaking from being so angry.

"Diana please just hear me out"