The Yule Ball-Diana Only

I was dreading this day. Dreading wearing this stupid dress and acting like a perfect girl. I'm perfect in my own way. The Diana Aryelle Starr Zabini way.

"You look nice," Millicent compliments me. She looks amazing with a long dark green dress that highlights her beautiful figure. Ella and Daphne are both wearing black, but Daphne's dress is shorter, tea-length, while Ella has a long dress.

"Thanks," We head out and my friends meet with their dates at the staircase. Cedric told me he needed to meet me in the Great Hall since he would already be there before me. Blaise's mouth nearly drops open when seeing his date. Draco shares a small glance with me before he takes Pansy's hand. I wince as my friends walk with their dates. Especially when I saw Draco and Pansy.

I eagerly look for Cedric and I find him, speaking to someone I don't recognize. He was holding a girl's hand and kissed it. Then, the two kissed.

I froze. How could he?! How could he treat me as nothing more than a side girl?! Cedric sees me before I run. I throw my ugly white heels into the Black Lake and sob. I felt so used, so pained.

I spot a piece of broken glass and pick it up. I use it to slice my dress. I cut the part that hovered over my feet and pointed my wand at it. It dissolved into a pile of ash.

"Di..." I hear Millicent and Blaise say. I cry into my brother's arms.

"I swear I'm going to kill him," Blaise mutters. "Hey," I wipe my eyes. "You are so many times better than him. You always have been,"

"He's right, Diana. You are amazing and Diggory doesn't know what he's missing," I smile a bit.

"I'll be back in a minute, Blaise. Let's get you cleaned up," Millicent helps me up and walks me to the dorms, each step making me stand taller. Millicent holds up my dress with a grin.

"I think it's time for the Diana I know to join us at the ball," She says and I nod. I put on the dress and feel a wave of confidence surge through me. I let down my hair and put on some red lipstick, feeling powerful. Millicent smiles.

"Let's go," We walk back to the Great Hall and all eyes are on me. I turned heads as I walk onto the dance floor. Blaise smiles when he sees me.

"Welcome back, Di," He greets me.

"Feels good to be me again. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some songs to play," Flitwick beckons me onto the stage as I set everything up.

"YEAH DIANA!" Ella cheers and everyone else joins. Fred and George cheer, too.

I wave my wand towards the piano, and an upbeat song starts to play.

*Imagine her singing Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner and Gigamesh*

The crowd applauds as I switch music sheets. This was going to be a jab to two people. One to the boy that broke my heart, and to the other that was supposed to repair it, but didn't.

*Imagine her singing Mr. Brightside by The Killers*

As I sang the chorus, I stared at Draco and Pansy, then moved to Cedric and Cho. I felt my body tensing up, but instead, I diverted my attention to Ella and Theo who were happily dancing. I spot Millicent with my brother next, and Blaise smiled at me. Everyone sings along and even included Professor Flitwick in a mosh pit.

When I got off the stage, Fred and George hoisted me up on their shoulders and made everyone cheer once again.

"Diana! Diana!" Everyone chants. I flush from embarrassment. Blaise helps me down and gushes on and on about how well I did. Draco and Pansy slip out of the ball and my eyes keep drifting to the dorm.

"Hey," Millicent says. "Don't worry about him," Against Millicent's wishes, I exit the Great Hall and follow them down the hall.

"Oi," I call. Draco turns around and tells Pansy he'll be back. He approaches me.

"Zabini," He says. Hold on, what?! Last name basis?

"Hey," I reply. "In all honesty, I have no idea why I called you over here," I chuckle to myself.

"About Pansy," Draco starts.

"It's fine. If you like her, my job as your friend is to not stand in her way," I smile, holding back anger and hurt. I spent months tagging along with Cedric and got my heart broken, only for it not to be worth it.

Draco stares at me. "Right," Is all he says before he walks back towards Pansy. I head back to the dorms, changing into my pajamas and laying on my bed. Millicent enters with Ella and Daphne, each chatting quietly.

"You still awake, Di?" Ella asks.

"Mhm," I mumble.

"Did you tell Blaise?" Daphne asks hopefully.

"Nope," I sigh. "It's no use if Draco is snogging Pansy,"

"May I remind you that you put this on yourself?" Millicent reminds me as she wipes off her makeup.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious," I reply gingerly. I sit up and head to Draco's dorm. I heard Blaise talking to Theo about something. I knock.

"Hey," Blaise says.

"Is Malfoy in there?" I ask.

"Next dorm. The spare one," Blaise says. Theo comes outside with me and pushes me lightly towards the door.

"It has a silencing charm on it," I observe.

"How do you know?" Theo asks.

"It's completely silent from the outside. Clearly, he doesn't want anyone in here," I reply, defeated. Theo knocks.

"Malfoy," He calls. Draco opens the door with wet hair and shorts on. He was tossing a sweater over his chest.

"Hey," I start. "Can I come in?" 

"Yeah," As Draco turns around, Theo gives me a thumbs up and makes a kissy face. I smile as Draco closes the door.

"Can I talk first?" Draco asks.

"Go ahead," I reply, intrigued.

"Firstly, I'm so sorry about Cedric. That's cruel and you didn't deserve that," Draco takes a breath. "Second, I'm sorry about Pansy,"

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"I am sorry I chose Pansy over you," He clarifies.

"I forgive you," I kiss his cheek.

"Just like that? No debt for me?" He jokes.

"Oh no, you're in big-time debt," I laugh.

"Uh oh. And how do I get out Princess?" He asks.

I blush profusely. "A day at Hogsmeade and you calling me Princess forever," I bargain.

"Okay, Princess," He smiles and I'm falling in love all over again.

"We should tell Blaise," Draco says.

"DIANA AND DRACO GET IN HERE!" Blaise screams.

"Or we won't have to," I reply nervously.

"You're dating?" He asks. I try to scan for emotions. Nothing. I look at Theo, who's covering his mouth. I take Draco's hand in mine.

"Yeah, we are. We have been since the beginning of the year," I tell him. Blaise puts his head in his hands and emerges smiling.

"Why didn't I know sooner? I knew you both liked each other!" He cries. I sigh with relief and start to laugh.

"I thought you wouldn't approve," I confess.

"Are you kidding? I knew something was going on! Malfoy if you break her heart we're gonna have a problem," Everyone is all smiles and laughs.

"Love you," I tell Blaise as I head to my dorm.

"I'm the best, I know," He jokes.

"Be careful. I think you're head is inflated a bit too much," We both laugh as I say goodnight.