Tears

Diana:

I'm going to preface this by saying:

Today is one of the worst days of my life.

First off, I had a double DADA, which left me dead inside. Umbridge's lessons seem more and more painful every day. Next, Draco has been so involved with the Inquisitorial Squad that he rarely spends time with me. Blaise and Millicent had yet another falling out, leaving this huge rift between our friend group. Lastly, but certainly not least, Mother is pregnant through a donor. 

That should be good news, but her mood swings are terrible.

"Brilliant, everyone has arrived. Let's get started..." Harry starts before we hear rustling and voices outside.

"Wait, not everyone's here. Where's Cho?" I ask.

"She was walking with me but she said she had to go to the lou, so I went ahead," Luna Lovegood pipes up. I hear snickers, very familiar ones.

"Get down," I tell everyone.

"What?" Harry asks.

"GET DOWN!" I scream just as the Room's wall is blown to pieces, and none other than the Inquisitorial Squad is standing, each with proud smirks on their faces. So, I did the only thing I knew how to do.

Run.

I push past everyone and ran as fast as I could, not bothering to look back.

"AFTER HER!" I hear Umbridge screech. Great, I have company. Umbridge hexes me and I fall to the floor, my limbs numbing as I fall. Goyle grabs the back of my neck and pushes me to Dumbledore's office.

Listen, I'm not Ra-Ra Dumbledore, but I might as well have been in this instant. We all got off, scot-free, not even detention. Dumbledore defends Harry as if his life depended on it, leaving Umbridge speechless. I spot Draco. He looks so numb, his eyes emotionless. The second I could, I ran until Draco calls my name.

"Why?" Draco asks. "Why would you lie to me?" I hear his voice quiver.

I don't turn around. "I couldn't tell you. You would have told your stupid Inquisitorial Squad," I reply.

"So that's how little you trust me?!" Draco practically yells, and I know he's crying now. "After EVERYTHING we've been through, this is how little you trust me?! You won't even look me in the eye!" I bite my lip and turn around.

"This isn't something trivial, Draco. For the first time ever, I'm not just someone in Slytherin. I'm Diana, a real person who doesn't let her house define her. I wasn't going to risk that, not after the nights I spend looking in the mirror wanting to be someone different," I snap.

"I see how little I mean to you now," Draco barely whispers, but the words could be heard from miles away.

"I know I've never meant anything to you anyways. I've seen the way you look at other girls. I know I'm not enough, but I try not to care. I am there for you, Draco. I know more about you than any person on this earth, only to know that it will never be reciprocated. You can keep your stupid Inquisitorial Squad, and Pansy, and whatever else because I'm done. I'm done with you. I'm done watching you pretend to be this person you aren't," I try to walk away but Draco screams something that hurts me.

"You're mother was right. You are useless and unwanted," The words shoot me right where it hurts, and I feel myself crumble. I run faster than I have ever run before, throwing my dorm door open and hearing the frame crumble as I slam it shut.

I slide onto the floor, sobbing. Tears stream down my face and splash onto my floor and hands. I bury my head in my hands, wishing this darkness would consume me.

"Diana," Someone whispers as I open my eyes. It was Blaise.

"Go away," I mumble, wiping my eyes. I had passed out crying.

"No. You need me. Come on, I'll help you into bed," Blaise tosses my arm over his shoulder and helps me into bed. I turn away from him, continuing to silently cry.

"Do you want to talk?" Blaise asks. I shake my head.

"Alright. Here's some water and pumpkin pasties for you. We can talk in the morning, okay?" He asks before he leaves.

"Blaise?" I croak before he opens the door.

"Yeah?"

I hesitate. "No matter what I did, you'll still love me, right?" I ask.

Blaise chuckles. "Bold of you to assume I won't stop loving my twin sister. Night, feel better," The door shuts.

Draco:

"Stupid Dumbledore," Crabbe mutters as we head to the dorms.

"Stupid Potter," I reply. Blaise heads over to us.

"Where are the girls?" He asks.

"Don't ask me. Why?" I ask, edge in my voice.

"Diana's sobbing in her room. Like crazy sobbing. Something happened, but I can't coax it out of her," Blaise says.

"Not our problem. Let's go, boys," We keep walking.

"It was you, wasn't it?! You're the reason my sister is sobbing in her room, you-" Blaise yells.

I turn around. "Watch your mouth, Zabini," I snap.

"Watch yours! No one, and I mean NO ONE, gets to hurt my sister and get away with it. Especially a poser like you, Malfoy," Crabbe and Goyle block Blaise from getting close to me.

"See? Coward! Hiding behind your two minions. Come on, Malfoy! Be a man, or are you a coward?" Blaise taunts.

I push Crabbe and Goyle aside. "You didn't hear what your precious sister said. She deserves what she got," I smirk and laugh with Crabbe and Goyle.

POP!

My nose bleeds. Blaise Zabini actually punched me.

"Oh you asked for it!" I lunge for him, but Blaise blocks me and punches my gut and uppercuts my jaw. I fall to the ground, holding my stomach.

"Next time, I won't let you get off as easy," Blaise seethes. The girls arrive just as Blaise leaves, each shooting me venomous glares before walking into Diana's room. 

"Well, help me up!" I order Crabbe and Goyle. The two scramble to help me up and help me into my dorm. I heal my nose, but I spot the bruise on my stomach forming.

A coward, a poser, the words keep repeating in my head. What have I done?

I scream and punch my pillow, angry tears streaming out of my eyes. The one thing I loved, the one girl, the one spark of happiness that made every day worth it was now cold as ice. Frozen under layers of tears, pain and betrayal.

No amount of Hogsmeade trips, apologies, and cute nicknames could fix this.

A/N: Sorry for the infrequent updates, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter!