I Will Not Get Detention

Diana:

The morning was absolute chaos. First years needed me to keep walking them to their classes and help them around. I barely made it to Umbridge's class.

"Late, Miss Zabini," She says, although I was clearly on time. Once again, she was wearing an unhealthy amount of pink.

"I'm sorry, Professor. I was helping some first years get to their classes," I explain. She says nothing as I slide into a seat next to Draco.

"Not very responsible of you, huh Zabini?" He whispers lowly, a deep gravel to his voice.

"Shut up," I tease. Even though we were dating, I wouldn't let him know how crazy he made me.

"Study hard, and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe," Umbridge was saying.

Remember when I said all of our DADA teachers were mental? Yeah, I'm adding her to the list.

She starts to hand out books entitled "Defense Against the Dark Arts, Level One," and describes how "we will be learning defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way." Everyone in the classroom could smell her BS from miles away.

Potter got detention after class, and I got asked to stop by after class. For no reason. My heart was pounding in my chest when I knocked on Umbridge's office door. There was so much pink I thought I was looking inside a unicorn's guts. Harry was sitting writing sentences at another desk.

"Come in," Umbridge chirps, and I take a deep breath as I enter.

"Diana, is that correct?" She asks me as I sit opposite her.

"Yes," I reply.

"Professor Snape tells me you are advanced in the Defense Against Dark Arts. Is that correct?" She asks next.

You and your big mouth, Severus.

"You could say that," I reply. Harry screams in pain, and I turn to find the words "I shall not tell lies" cut into his arm. He runs out of the office, and I'm turning pale.

"Well, please don't be spreading your knowledge to the other students. I'm sure you're aware of the Ministry's intentions," Umbridge continues, oblivious to my paling state.

"Oh yes, my mother made me aware over the summer," I lie. 

"Wonderful. Now, I assume you have prefect duties, so you are dismissed," I run out of her class before the words can fully escape her lips.

"Severus? You in here?" I ask, looking around his empty classroom.

"Yes, Diana?" He drones, and I spot him at the top of the bookshelf, using his ladder to get a book.

"Oh great, you're here. Umbridge is mental. You won't believe what she does for detention," I start.

"You got detention?" Snape snaps.

"Me? No, it was Potter, but still. She has a special quill to make your writing cut into your hand! YOUR HAND, SEVERUS. The woman is psychotic I tell you!" I vent. "Can you do anything to get me out, please? It's not like I'm learning anything new,"

"Unfortunately, no. You won't have enough credits to graduate from Hogwarts then. Besides, the school is getting funding from the Ministry now," Snape tells me.

"Ugh!" I groan and lean back in my chair. "I'm going to be so bored," I complain.

"You'll survive. Now, off you go," He shoos me out and I head to the Common Room.

"None of you get detention with Umbridge, you hear? You'll never guess what she does," I tell my friends and watch their faces twist in worry. Except Draco's, who smiles when he realizes Chosen Boy got detention.

"He got what he deserved," Was all Draco said, and I held back a scathing look.

"That's harsh. And I thought McGonnagal's detention was horrible," Blaise says.

Draco keeps looking my way as if he expects me to run over to him and be all lovey-lovey. Ha, no chance. If he doesn't want to be seen in public with me, I'll share that same sentiment.

"We have rounds," Blaise kisses Millicent and playfully nudges my shoulder. "See you, sister. Coming, Malfoy?" Draco gets up and walks out with Blaise, leaving me with the girls and Theo.

"What's up with him?" Theo asks, referring to Draco.

"I don't even want to get into that," I lean into my armchair.

"Poor you. Malfoy's a hard guy to be friends with, let alone date. I give you props for sticking with it," Millicent says sympathetically.

"Thanks, Milly," We share a smile.

"But it's so weird! It's like-" Ella starts.

"He doesn't want to be seen with me," I finish.

"Yeah, exactly. I heard about rounds yesterday. That's messed up," Ella smiles sadly.

"Yeah. Anyways, I'm heading upstairs. See you in the morning?" I ask the group. Everyone nods and I head to my room.

Draco:

"What's with you and Diana?" Blaise asks as we circle Hogwarts.

"Hm?" I ask, lost in my own world of incomplete thoughts.

"You heard me. What did you do to my sister?" Blaise asks sharply.

"Nothing, I swear!" I reply defensively. "Why?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because you never want to be seen around her. Look mate, if you want to break up with her, just say it. Don't make it painful," Blaise spits.

"Wait, no-no-no. I don't want to break up with her," I clarify quickly. Blaise checks the hall and keeps walking.

"Well, why are you acting all distant?" Blaise pushes.

"I'm scared to hurt her," I confess. "My family has already hurt her, and I can't bear thinking that something I do will hurt both her and you," Blaise leans against a wall.

"You can't be scared with Diana. She'll take it as disinterest. Go make things up. You don't want things getting worse," I take Blaise's advice and head to the Slytherin dorms. I knock on Diana's dorm.

"Hey," Her hair is down and falling on her shoulder.

"Would m'lady accept an invitation to Hogsmeade this weekend as an apology for my behavior?" I ask dramatically. Diana laughs.

"Of course I will, Malfoy," She kisses my cheek.

"Wait noooo. I wanna stay," I give her my best puppy eyes, which look like I'm in pain. Diana nods and lets me in.

"Let's talk," She says.

A/N: The whole Harry thing was so hard to write for me. Anyways, hope you're having a great week!