Italy

Diana:

The estate Mother purchased in Italy was stunning. There were acres and acres of perfectly green grass, and a gorgeous house that has perfect spaces for everyone. The sun kisses my skin as Draco and I run out into the grassy field.

"Italy is so amazing," Draco smiles.

"Isn't it?" I trace my fingertips over the grass, the blades grazing my fingertips. Blaise runs out holding Sable's hand.

"Dray dray!" Sable hugs Draco

"Hi, Sable," Draco replies, laughing a bit.

"Why don't I get a hug?" I ask. Sable promptly lets go of Draco and hugs me, her doe eyes sparkling.

"We should head to town," Blaise suggests.

"Sounds fun," I agree. Elaine walks out of the house and spots up. I run to hug her.

"I missed you so much!" I squeal. Elaine is gorgeous, with light brown hair and olive skin. Her deep brown eyes are kind and benevolent.

"I missed you, too! Oh, Draco is here?" She asks. I nod. Draco waves.

"Blaise!" Elaine hugs him. Blaise asks Elaine to join us and she agrees. We walk the mile or so into town.

The town was bustling with merchants and tiny shops. Italian music played from every little restaurant, the smell of fresh pasta and basil filling the air. Elaine looks around the world in wonder, she hasn't left the Clubhouse much.

"Woah," Elaine stares into a window of a shop.

"Are those cameras that we learned about in Muggle Studies?" Blaise asks.

"Oh my Merlin I've always wanted one!" I run inside and pick up the boxy white camera.

"Excuse me? How much is this?" I ask.

"65," The cashier says. I purchase the camera and some film and walk out the door.

"You bought it? You're sharing with me," Blaise tells me.

"Fine, but don't break it. Where should I take my first picture?" I load the film and look for a place to take it.

"Look at the pretty flowers," Elaine observes. She picks one and places it in her hair and spins, her white sundress skirt spinning with her. I take a picture and the film rolls out.

"Di, the camera's busted. All I see is black," Blaise says.

"It needs to develop. Give it time," Sure enough, a few minutes later, the film was developed, the picture was classic. The sunlight hit the flower and Elaine's skin perfectly. All in all, the picture was perfect.

"Woah, that's really good," Blaise compliments.

"It's amazing!" Elaine exclaims.

"Amazing job, love," Draco slings his arm over my shoulder and I smile.

"When are you going to see Father's family?" Elaine asks.

"Next week. They're out of town right now and will be back this weekend. You should come, El. You're Father's child, and they know who you are," I tell her as we head home. Sable is playing in the front yard blowing dandelions as Alaire watches.

"That would be nice. And I'll get to see our cousins Francesca and Axel," Elaine replies. I cheer. 

"Let me try taking a picture," Draco says and I hand him the camera as we step onto our property. Blaise stands behind Draco and makes faces, making me laugh. The picture rolls out.