THE DARKLING HEADCANONS: ENEMIES TO LOVERS

ENEMIES TO LOVERS WITH THE DARKLING:

- You were enemies purely because you had been taught that The Darkling was evil.

- Not necessarily because you hated him for a reason.

- You just followed orders like soldiers do.

- But when you were taken captive, he takes interest in you.

- He finds you brave, with different circumstances stupidly brave, spitting at him when he tried to offer a deal.

- So he decided to charm you to win you by his side and had long chats with you every day.

- But you wouldn't budge, knowing what he was trying.

- At least you didn't show it that you had started growing feelings for him... but they were small enough to keep in their place, push back, remind yourself that The Darkling needed to be destroyed.

"Y/N, must we really be enemies?""It's Mx. L/N for you, heretic." you scoffed.

- He just nods.

"I know I've done questionable things, but I like you and I don't want you to get hurt."

"You? Like me?"

"Yes. And I would never hurt you, believe it or not. I know the Kingdom has made you believe that I'm a monster-"

"You created the Shadow Fold... killed hundreads, thousands of innocent people. What makes you think anyone has "made me believe" anything? I have eyes in my head."

"Yes, that's true. But I know now that it was a mistake. A mistake I wouldn't do again. But I need people to trust me - people like... you."

- He brushes his hand ever so slightly across your cheek.

- You scoff and sharply turn your head away to hide that you're taken a aback a bit by his act of tenderness.

- And you hated to admit it, but your cheeks glowed red when he exited the room after offering you a smirk.

- The seed had been planted.

- After that, you started falling for him in a rapid pace, no matter how you tried to hold it back.

- His laughs made you smile, even when you tried to force it away. And then laugh. And then you started craving for his touch.

- Everything went just as he planned.

- Except that... he was falling for you too.

- So he tried to distance himself from you a bit, closing himself to his bed chambers and telling his guards that anyone can't bother him.

- Especially not you.

- But the more he tries, the more difficult it becomes.

- And it leads to you two making out after you barge in to demand an explanation.

- He just can't help it.

- Because of you, his plan was ruined.

- He wanted to use you, toss you away once you had done your part without knowing, but he didn't plan on falling for you too.

- He wanted to be furious at you, at himself, almost believing you were a mind-manipulating Grisha who played with his thoughts.

- But having you there in his arms, your lips connected, his thoughts faded and he scolded himself for thinking like that.

- He had fallen for you too, as much as he tried to stop it.