"How!? How did you come to know him?" When her features were obscured by confusion, he asked again and held his breath.

"Him?" She inquired as to if she had no idea who he was referring to, and to some extent, she was correct. The question abruptly halted everything in Caims mind, and he froze for a brief moment.

"Yes, him. The owner of the locket? a very dangerous man at that" he said, it was no lie that the room suddenly shifted from being uncomfortable to completely tensed. The tension was thick in the air. One could practically taste it.

"No, this belongs to someone I know, and it's not a he, but rather she," Miliani stated firmly. She was finally realising that whatever was going on had something to do with Sean's visit. It was no secret that the guy was involved in some really shady business, and all the chaos going on right now reflects that she was certain.

"How can you be so sure?" Caim had no idea who she was talking about right now. He was aware that the locket belonged to Grey, but he was unaware of the girl Miliani had been addressing.

"That isn't important; what is important is how do you know I have the locket and who told you it's with me?" Miliani said, shifting a little back from where she was sitting before, too close to him.

"Look, miliani, you must understand. I couldn't tell you shit because it's dangerous and can lead to disaster. All I ask is that you give me that damn locket and get it over with." Caim was becoming agitated; everything was taking a new twist, and the swirls were not good for his already twisted mind. He had no idea how she got into this situation, but he was determined to get her out of it.

"I can't give you the locket, dammit-"

"WHY NOT?" Caim yelled and took a deep breath, releasing all the pent-up rage that had been building up inside him. It's never a good thing to lose control.

"BECAUSE THE LOCKET BELONGS TO MY SISTER!" Miliani had enough; she had tried and tried to find out the truth, but Caim's stubbornness made her snap.

"THAT LOCKET WAS THE ONLY THING LEFT AFTER SHE DIED, her only memory Caim, and now that I have it. It came out that the locket is dangerous and can cause harm. So tell me if it's really unfair of me to ask." She asked, her voice trailing off as she remembered everything that had happened to Layla because she refused to tell her the truth to her sister, It cost Layla her life and now that the same situation has arisen, Miliani is being selfish and asking for every single thing she can get.

"What exactly are you saying? your sister?" The truth was like a bucket of cold water on his head, seeping through his clothes and numbing his body almost to the point of pain. He suspected the girl he gave the locket to had something to do with Miliani, but learning she was her sister added a whole new level of guilt swirling inside his stomach, and he felt nauseated and wanted to flee from everything.

"Yes! My sister, Layla," she said calmly after her outburst. They both sit on the couch for a few minutes, enjoying the silence that had been created between them. Miliani was contemplating how her life had taken yet another perilous turn. She is exhausted now, from all the guilt, pressure, and burden, and all she wants to do is unfurl herself and sleep for the rest of her life.

She was not suicidal, God forbid, she never had any suicidal thoughts while being abandoned by the people she loved, but now everything is piling up on her and it seemed enjoyable to just close your eyes and see the world through closed eyes. It was a tempting offer, one that most people seemed to take and leave this world on a happy note, but could she? Is it possible for her to leave this world peacefully?

"Who gave her the locket?" Caim inquired quietly; in general, he exudes pure confidence and arrogance! Make you feel inferior, but there is no overly arrogant expression on it right now, not even a shadow. He was terrified.