Meeting

He looked up from his work only long enough to mumble “I'm busy.” and continued reading. I stand there in disbelief. My hair falls in (h/c) curls around my face and I spent hours working on a smokey eye and bright red lip. That doesn't even include the black lace that covers very little of my curves.

Leorio didn't even give me the time of day. “Too busy studying” he mumbles without even looking at my outfit. I sigh and head down the hall to my own room. I'm staring at the floor in shame, robe pulled tight around me to cover the lingerie I wear underneath. My face red,

I don't realize there is anyone else in this hallway until I slam headfirst into what I can only conclude must be a wall. I stumble back and fall right on my backside, and when I do, my robe parts. Face flaming, I look up to see a man. He must be made or iron, because he didn't move at all when I slammed into him. I must admit he is the strangest looking man I have ever seen. It takes me a moment to realize who he is, and I stare in disbelief. It takes a few seconds to register that my robe is open, and the cool air brushes against my barely covered skin.

Hisoka stares down at me.

Leorio had mentioned him and his bloodlust from the Hunter Exam and I am terrified after hearing what he did to the last person who bumped into him and didn't apologize. “I-I-I am so sorry.” I stammer out.
He says nothing, just stares at me, his eyes narrowed. His tongue darts out and runs along his lips as his eyes linger on my body longer than they should have. I somehow manage to turn even redder, and pull my robe back around me. “Lovely” he sighs almost to himself, and with one more once over, he leaves me on the floor and walks away. His gait reminds me of a jungle cat, and I remind myself how dangerous this man is. Dragging myself off the floor, I almost ran to my room, slamming the door behind me. There on my bed is a single playing card and my heart begins to race. “Hisoka'' I say his name out loud, liking the way it tasted on my lips.

Mentally smacking myself I go into the bathroom in my hotel room and begin the process of undoing what I spent hours doing for Leorio. Tears fill my eyes and I cannot even look at myself in the mirror. The shame of the rejection from earlier, and the incident in the hallway leave feeling frustrated and undesirable.