Chapter Fifty-Three

Start from the beginning

"So they must really get into it then, huh?" I asked.

"You have no idea, Rosie." Jennie said leaning over Lisa. She pushed Lisa out of the way, causing her to tumble off the couch right onto Jisoo.

"MANOBAN! Get off of me, this is serious!" Jisoo shouted at Lisa as she threw her to the ground. We heard Lisa groan out in pain and the two off us just laughed at her. The game then started up on the TV and all our eyes went to it. We watched as they picked their characters as Jisoo went with Yoshi.

"Rosie, who should I pick?" Y/n asked looking back at me. I looked at all the characters.

"You should go with Toad." I said with a smile on my face.

"Alright, Toad it is. Get ready to get destroyed by Toad, Jisoo."

"No, you're about to get obliterated by Yoshi." Jisoo shot back. They kept bickering back and forth and Jennie finally spoke up and told them to just start the game. They decided to go with 200cc and have the three races. I'm putting my money on Jisoo since she's the gamer out of all of us. But I won't tell anyone I'm picking her.

"Who do you think is gonna win?" Jennie asked me.

"Jisoo."

"Same."

"I heard that!" Y/n said not breaking eye contact with the screen. We just chuckled to ourselves.

I watched as the countdown started and they both got the boost as they went flying. Jisoo was in 1st and y/n was in 4th because of her starting spot, but she was quickly gaining ground on Jisoo. There was immediate screaming back and forth between them as they tried to sabotage the other. Whether it was throwing pillows, ramming their body against the other, or standing in front of their side of the screen. All was legal since they said no rules in the beginning. It made it very enjoyable to watch as they were both really into it. On the last lap of the race, Jisoo got hit with a blue shell and y/n zoomed past her and moved into 1st. She then ended the race also in 1st, claiming the first victory as Jisoo ended up in 3rd place.

"That's bullshit! We've said that blue shells are illegal in our races!" Jisoo told y/n.

"No we haven't! Stop trying to make up shit for your shitty luck and gameplay!"

"I'm going to win two straight now!"

"No you're not!"

"Am too!"

"Are not!"

"Am too!"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Jennie screamed as the two immediately shut up and looked back at her. She startled Lisa and I too, so we all looked at her with wide eyes. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath,

"You guys need to stop arguing and start playing the fucking game." She said calmly. Y/n and Jisoo mumbled a 'okay' and they shut up. But as soon as the second race started, hell broke out again.

Jisoo knocked y/n's controller out of her hand by using a pillow and she placed her foot on top of it so it would be harder to get. Y/n then yanked her foot off of it, causing Jisoo to lose her balance and fall right on top of y/n. I got scared as she groaned in pain, but she just gritted her teeth and push Jisoo off. I then turned my attention back to the screen to see that Jisoo was now in 1st and she was nearing the finish. A few seconds later, she crossed the finish line with y/n only a millisecond behind her.

"Damn it," y/n sighed out. Jisoo had a proud smirk on her face as she bragged about her win in y/n's face.

"Hey, we still have one more race. You didn't win everything just yet, Kim."