Chapter 39

Nobodys point of view
After the jumping out the window incident with Andy, and Daryl apologising to Isla for calling her a bitch, the night carried on smoothly.
Soon enough the three were all asleep, and they stayed asleep until really late that morning.

"Shit," Andy said standing up from his sleeping bag, "Guys wake up, we really slept in!"
This woke up Isla and Daryl very suddenly, and they almost jumped out of their skin.
"God Andy what? Why are you awake?" Isla asked sleepily, rubbing her eyes,
"It's 10:30," Andy said showing his watch,
"Oh holy shit," Daryl said getting up, grabbing his things and shoving them back in his backpack,
"Woah woah, why are we rushing?" Isla asked, packing away too but only because the boys were,
"We need to be on the move so that if anyone else in our group is alive, we can find them," Daryl answered, "If they are doing the same thing as us, then they are probably... maybe three hours ahead of us now, so that means if we ever want to find them then we need to be out three hours after sundown,"
"But thats dangerous," Isla said swinging her bag onto her back, "Night is the worst time to be out in the open,"
"I know but its a risk worth taking, I don't wanna be stuck with you two only for the rest of my life... no offence," Daryl said like it was nothing,
"Um... offence taken," Andy scoffed,
"Lets go," Daryl walked down the stairs, with Andy and Isla scurrying behind to keep up.

"Where are we headed?" Andy said jumping onto the motorbike,
"Just west," Daryl replied,
"What if everyone else are heading east?" Isla questioned,
"There's nothing east, that would be a terrible idea, all the cities and big towns are west so that is where clever people would head,"
"Okay I'm sorry Daryl Einstein," Isla rolled her eyes.

They drove on the main road for a couple of hours, chatting about life before as usual. This was often the topic of conversation because it let them get to know each other, while also letting them forget about the havoc of the world in the present. 

"I don't believe you," Isla laughed so hard she was almost crying, "You? Andy? A physics scholar?!"

"I just really liked physics in school okay," Andy said, his face going red, "And plus a physics scholarship isn't something to laugh at, its a very good achievement," he crossed his arms.
"Okay okay," Isla said calming herself down, "I don't know, I just thought because you have a motorbike and have survived this long in a zombie apocalypse you have always given off badass vibes,"
"No," Andy said, laughing at himself now, "I was a total nerd."

Isla and Andy found out some interesting facts about Daryl too, he had earn't multiple trophies for his hunting and crossbow skills in the past.
He blabbered on about how he caught dinner every night for wayyyy too long.

However when it got to Islas turn to speak, she couldn't think of anything. Or rather she didn't want to say anything.
"Whats wrong? Mind gone blank?" Daryl asked, keeping his eyes on the road,
"Yeah... I mean no..." Isla sighed, "I dunno,"
"Im sure theres at least one happy memory you can remember right?" Andy said with an arm wrapped around her,
"I mean when I was five I won a small pageant show in Atlanta but thats it,"
"Its still something, and I bet if you'd carried on you would've got way more awards for that," Andy said kissing her on the cheek.

They drove in silence for a while, taking in everything around them, watching the walkers wiz past.
"Woah, WOAH OMG STOP THE MOTORBIKE!" Andy yelled, hitting Daryl to get his attention,
"What? WHAT?!"
"I SWEAR TO GOD I JUST SAW FLEUR AND CARL IN THE WOODS AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD!" Andy yelled and Daryl slowed down,
"You sure it was them?" Daryl asked, grabbing his crossbow and jumping off the bike,
"Positive,"
"Do you think they saw us?" Isla asked,
"I don't know its pretty hard to not see a motorbike go past you when the roads are empty," Andy shrugged.

The three immediately started running across the main road, searching the woods.
And after twenty minutes Andy got frustrated,
"I swear I saw them, I swear on my life!" He said throwing his knife to the ground and sitting down huddling into a ball,
"We believe you, hey," Isla crouched down and hugged him, "We believe you, but we have to find them, and we need your help so get your ass up."

Another ten, then twenty minutes passed and it was no use. Maybe it was just Andy's imagination, or maybe Carl, Fleur, Rick and Michonne actually didn't see them.

Fourty minutes earlier
"LOOK!!" Fleur shouted, pointing at a motorbike wizzing past the main road, they were having amazing luck.
"WAIT!!" Carl shouted waving at the motorbike as it disappeared into the distance, "SHIT!"
"I can't believe it," Michonne said in literal tears, "We have seen most of our group now, and they haven't seen us,"
"Look on the bright side," Rick said, "At least we know they are alive."
"We don't know about Carol, Tyrese or Glenn though do we? And we know Judith is dead," Michonne said far too unsubtly.

Rick looked at the grass, and his face turned into a frown. Then he turned and headed into the woods,
"Wait! Rick I'm sorry!" Michonne said sincerely, following him- as did Fleur and Carl.

Soon enough they were deep in the woods again, and Michonne was chatting and apologising to Rick beneath a tree. Fleur and Carl gave them privacy.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Fleur asked Carl,
"Talk about what?"
"Jud-"
"No." Carl said sternly,
"But Carl you haven't had a chance to mourn yet, your being so cold about it and I'm worried-"
"I'm not the only person who lost someone in the war, you did too Fleur. You lost your father."
"That doesn't mean you can't be sad? Judith was your sister? You loved her so much, your connection was amazing!"
"Fleur please shut up," Carl said, on the verge of tears,
"Im sorry," she sighed, taking him into a hug which he didn't resist.

Back to present
"What if they wen't deeper into the woods?" Daryl asked,
"Why would they do that?" Andy questioned,
"I don't know,"
"If they did then we don't know how far they could've gone, or which way to head, theres no point," Isla sighed.

They headed back to the motorbike and jumped on in silence, then finally Daryl talked again breaking it,
"If they did see us, then they saw us heading this direction, so lets stay in this direction."