Chapter 27

Nobody's going of view
"No way!!!" Fleur screeched, "That's so exciting!!!"
"What is?" Michonne said, walking up to her and Isla,
"Go on, tell her, " Fleur urged.
Isla blushed,
"Andy just... proposed to me, "

Michonnes jaw dropped and the bags she was holding fell to the ground emptying.
"Oh my god, " Michonne laughed, "I was not expecting that this Sunday morning."

Michone grabbed Isla and gave her a big squeeze,
"That's wonderful sweetheart, " she smiled.
"So what is it gonna be fancy and traditional like usual weddings?" Fleur asked,
"I don't know, hopefully, it would be nice to have it normal even though it's an apocalypse, " Isla sighed, "Maybe we could find a dress store? If all the dresses aren't torn up or covered in blood."
"Yes! I'd love to come with you, " Fleur nodded,
"And you Michonne? If you don't mind-"
"Oh my gosh of course!" Michonne jumped excitedly, "I'd love to help."

At least two of the group had something to look forward to.

Martinez's point of view
"I really don't think this is a good idea, " I tried to tell the Governor. He was listening to me, but I knew I wasn't getting anywhere.

"Martinez, how is it not a good idea? By starting a war with the Prison we would get all their supplies, we could kidnap a few to work here at Woodbury, it would be great for us."
"That's if we won, " I crossed my arms, "And do you really think people would just agree to work here?"
"Why wouldn't they?" the Governor just didn't get it, "As far as I'm concerned Woodbury is beautiful, why wouldn't anyone want to work here?"
"Because they are being forced to... because you killed their family."

I was starting to get uncomfortable, I really didn't want a war, I swore the world was getting more peaceful.
"Martinez your one of my best men, in fact, you are my best man. Please don't make me doubt you."
"I'm sorry sir, " I quickly said,
"Good, so accept my decisions, see my reasons, and help me win this war am I right?"
The Governor held up his glass for a toast and I steadily clunk my glass with his.

On the other side of the room, Milton looked just as uncomfortable as I did. I felt kinda sorry for him, the amount of hard work he did and he still never got a say in any of the decisions.
I would happily swap my place with his.

"So then... what's the date?" I asked, breaking the silence,
"As soon as possible!" he was far too excited, "A week?"

I spat out my drink into my glass,
"A- a week? Jesus how the hell are we going to plan and prepare in that time?" I said,
"Yeah sir I'm sorry to interrupt, " Milton shyly approached us, "But um... I don't know if you've realised that a lot of our men do not know how to fight- or are trash at it."
The Governor turned to face him, urging him to carry on,
"It will take at least a month for them to train, and for us to get more weapons because I hate to admit... we are extremely low."

"Then we can fight with knives, and don't forget we literally have a tank."
I buried my head in my hands, yeah a tank was great and a huge advantage- but it's not like anyone even knew how to drive it.

"Whatever you say, boss, " Milton rubbed his eyes in slight annoyance and I nodded in agreement.
Nothing we would say could change his mind.

I guess we were going to war with the prison.

And in a week.

Back at the prison
"Dad someone's at the gate, " Carl approached his Dad, nervous because it was not good news.
"Who? Carl, I'm busy-"
"Dad whatever your doing can wait, seriously,"
Rick nodded and followed his son to the front gate.

"And who are you?" Rick asked the Latino man who was standing there unwelcomingly, clutching his shotgun.
"That doesn't matter, I am here to give you some information, and information only."
Rick took out his pistol defensively,
"Carl go and make sure everyone is inside,"
"There will be no need for that, " the man said, "I'm not going to hurt your people, not today anyway."
"Spit it out, " Rick said sternly,

"If you wish, " the man breathed in, "My people, Woodbury, are going to war with you."
Ricks's eyes widened and his face went pale,
"We aren't giving you a choice, in a week we will raid here, it's only up to you to decide if you want to fight back."
"I-"
"Dad do you want me to get Daryl and Michonne?"
"Please, " Rick nodded.

Carl ran off to find Daryl and Michonne in cell block one,
"My dad needs you at the front gate, it's an emergency, " he told them.

"What's wrong?" Fleur said walking into the room,
"Don't panic but it's bad, " Carl whispered, "I think we're going to war with Woodbury."

Martinez's point of view
It was the hardest thing ever, seeing the horror in Ricks's eyes as I broke the news to him. But I kept a strong expression, making sure he didn't know I was just as scared as he was.

We were putting a baby in danger here, and to me that was unthinkable.

A man with a crossbow and a woman with a familiar face approached the gate. It was Michonne.
"Well, I recognise you, " Michonne scoffed, "Your one of the Governor's men aren't you?"
I nodded.
"Want me to get Merle?" she joked, "Oh I'm sure he'll be so happy to beat your ass."
"Wh- what?"

What did I ever do to Merle?

"You kept him locked up in Woodbury, thinking there was no hope of him ever finding his brother... and look now, " Michonne said pointing to the man with a crossbow by her side, "He found him."

"I'm very sorry, " I stated, "But it was a pure miracle."
"Yeah, it was, " Daryl said bluntly.

"They want to start a war with us, " Rick told Michonne and Merle's brother.
"A war? What babies. Can you not handle us minding our own business and surviving?"
Michonne was a tough one, and she knew just how to get on people's nerves. But I wasn't going to let her get to me.
"We aren't babies, we want your stuff, we don't like sharing, " I shrugged as if I didn't care about her insult, but she narrowed her eyes.

"Fine then, " she smirked, "But just so you know, we have been on lots of looting runs- and we have a huge storage room filled to the brim with weapons and unlimited ammo. We're prepared, are you?"
I gulped, no, we weren't prepared. As much as the Governor thought we were, we weren't. We were going to loose without a doubt.