Chapter 29

Milton's point of view/Early that morning
"Hello?!" I called from the front gate, inside the prison everything was quiet.
I looked up at the sun that was just rising, nobody was awake, it was probably about three in the morning.

I bashed on the metal, rusty door repeatedly.
"HELLO!!!"
This wasn't going to work, they were probably used to bashing on the front gate because of walkers. How was I going to get their attention?

I crept round to the back of the prison, where a big concrete building stood. I hoped this was where they were all living.
I grabbed a dirty brick from the ground and aimed for a glass window.

It smashed and I heard screaming from inside.
"Whoops," I said, I meant to get their attention not scare them.

I heard people panicking and talking inside before a man emerged from the building with a shotgun.
"Who are you?" he yelled as I stood there unarmed behind the wire fence.

"Im Milton Hatton," I shouted back, "I mean no harm, seriously, I'm unarmed."
"What idiot is unarmed in a zombie apocalypse?" the man half laughed at me, I rolled my eyes.
"I prefer running than fighting," I answered with a fake smile.

"Drop everything your holding then, and put your jacket with it," the man instructed. I nodded doing as I was told.
Once I was holding completely nothing and my jacket was on the floor I walked back around the prison to the front gate and the man let me in.
"I'm Rick," he said, putting his hands in my pockets just to double check I had no weapons.
"Hi Rick, so your the leader then?"
"I am," he simply said sitting down on a bench.

"Your place is really nice," I said observing the crops and a small pond they had built.
"Thank you, we have some very talented people here," Rick grinned proudly.
"Who's this?" another man with crutches said, coming to stand beside us,
"Hershel this is Milton, Milton this is Hershel."
I smiled at the man.

"So, are you gonna tell me why you've intruded?" Rick finally asked,
"Of course. So don't shoot me but I'm from Woodbury,"
This made Rick and Hershel both put their hands on their guns in defence- I didn't blame them.
"But I'm not like the Governor. In fact I'm the complete opposite, I don't agree with this war whatsoever. Neither does most of us at Woodbury, even Martinez."
"So if its only the Governor who wants this stupid war, why is nobody stopping him?" Hershel seemed unsure wether to believe me.
"I honestly don't know, fear? The Governor has everyone wrapped around his finger, he's killed people before just because they didn't obey his orders."
"Sounds like a nice guy," Rick scoffed.

"Yeah. Anyways all I wanted to say is, your clearly going to win this war- we aren't prepared at all. Aaaand the Governor will not be happy, he will probably start another war if he's still alive."
"So your saying even if we win he will keep fighting? Unless he's dead?"
"Precisely," I nodded.

Just then, Michonne ran up to us.
"What is he doing here," she crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows at the sight of me.
"He's on our side, don't worry Michonne," Rick told her, "Anyways what's wrong?"
"I found this in Andreas drawer," Michonne said holding up a piece of paper.

On it the title read:

My plan to ~eliminating~ the Governor

I gasped and my hand went straight to my mouth.
"Is she not here?" I asked Rick and Hershel who looked clearly worried,
"No, she left this morning. We thought she was just going to convince the Governor to stop the war..."
"Clearly not," I buried my face in my hands, "She's put herself in a lot of danger."

Andreas point of view
I remember how anxious I felt when I noticed that the hole in Woodbury's wall was fixed.
I didn't waste any time and as soon as the guards turned their heads to chat I emerged from the shadows and climbed the wall.
I flung my bag over and jumped from the top. Then winced in pain as I sprained my ankle a bit.