Chapter 10

Ricks point of view
It was Lori. It was Lori. It was Lori.
I repeated these words over and over to myself while remembering every single thing I could about my wife. She wasn't gone. I had seen her.

I saw her just outside the prison walls by a lake.
She was dressed in white.
And looked more beautiful than ever.

Hershel told me I was seeing things and that it was normal after grief

Hershel told me I was seeing things and that it was normal after grief. But I wasn't. I couldn't.

I couldn't live without my wife.

Michonnes point of view
Six hours, six hours in total it took me to get to Marten Road. Now I was so close to the prison, I could almost feel it.

I turned right when I saw the Marten Road sign and continued down the mud trail.
The prison was isolated from the rest of the roads so that it would be harder to break people in and out.

There were a couple of walkers but not many and I took them out with no trouble.
The mud trail got deeper and deeper and I started to wonder if I was really on the right track.

I stopped and took a seat on a log to rethink my steps, maybe I had taken a wrong turn? Or maybe you didn't have to follow the exact mud trail.
I studied my map closely but I couldn't see anywhere where I might've gone wrong. I was one hundred percent going the right way.

So I shoved my map back in my backpack and just as I got up I was shoved to the ground with a thud.
It took me a while to adjust my eyesight because I had bashed my head pretty hard.

But it was Merle.

Had he followed me?

I quickly dodged and pulled out my katana as he swung his knife at my head. He had an advantage because his was literally attached to his arm.
He took another swing but I pushed back with my katana, no way was I dying now when I had come so far.