Chapter 21

Nobody's point of view
"I'm glad you came back," The Governor said, taking a swing of his golf club. "I can see the loyalty in you- that was obviously never in Merle."
Martinez nodded looking at the ground.
"Have a go," the Governor passed the club to him,
"No offence but why are we playing golf right now sir, don't we have things to discu-"
"We're discussing them while playing golf." The Governor said.

There was a short period of silence as Martinez whacked the ball across Woodbury.

"A boy caught me..." Martinez muttered,
"What?"
"When I was rushing back to Woodbury one of the Prison boys caught me."
The Governor buried his face in his hands,
"So they know that you were watching them?"
"Probably."

"Well that's too bad, now they are probably preparing for war,"
"Oh I don't think so-"
"They most likely are." the Governor cut him off.
"I- why would they prepare for war when there is no reason for war."

The Governor seemed to be looking for any excuse to fight. It was really weird because why would he want to if there was a chance Woodbury could loose and many people would die.

All of a sudden Milton, the Governors scientist and probably the only scientist left came and stood next to them.

"I've found something sir," he said looking at the Governor who ignored his gaze,
"Not now Milton,"
"But it's huge,"
The Governor sighed and dropped his club and the ball he was about to position.
"Make it quick, sorry Martinez we will continue this later."
Then the Governor followed Milton to the lab.

Here's some background on Milton.
He is incredibly clever, cleverer than anyone in Woodbury and there were a lot of people in Woodbury.
Milton had been doing a lot of tests in his lab for months. Some of his projects included trying to find out how people turned by being scratched instead of bitten- how the virus transmitted by the fingernails.
He was also doing huge projects like trying to find a cure- but that was going nowhere.

He'd discovered that if a walker went without food for more than three months, they almost 'gave up' and would stop trying to kill anything.

But Milton was a coward, he was the most un-brave soul ever. He hadn't killed one walker over the course of the apocalypse so far and he was alive simply because he lived behind walls.
Milton was a treasure, one that had to be protected because of his knowledge. But he couldn't protect himself.

Back at the Prison the group were pretty panicky.
Rick didn't really know what to do because he simply didn't know what the Governor was going to do.
If the Governor were to attack then it would probably be safer if the Prison was at least prepared.
"So I say we go on more runs," Daryl said, "We loot loads of ammo and find a few more guns. Then we will be ready for anything they throw at us if they throw anything at us."
"That's a good idea," Rick agreed, "We don't fight first, but we get ready to fight back."
"What about if they have things better or bigger than guns?" Andy said, "Like I dunno, bombs or rocket launchers."
"Well if that's the case then we are done for," Pedro half laughed.

"Let's hope they don't have any bombs or rocket launchers," Rick sighed.

"Why don't we split up in groups to loot then?" Tom suggested, "We can communicate through walkie talkies and that way we will find more and quicker."
"That's a good idea but it's risky-"
"No I think he has a point, the more we have the more prepared we are." Carol said.
"What about if someone gets lost? Or bitten?" Hershel asked,
"Well again, we have walkie talkies, we can send out our location."
Rick stood for a second and thought, then he stepped forward,

"We will do that then, but I'll pick the groups." he finally said, "First group will be me, Michonne and Daryl."
Michonne and Daryl nodded and went to stand by his side,
"Next group will be Andrea, Sasha, Tyrese and Merle."
Andrea gave Merle the look of disapproval but they both went to stand next to each other.
"Carol, do you mind staying and looking after Judith again?"
"No of course I don't." she smiled, lifting up Judy.
"Okay and the next group will be Maggie, Glenn and
Hershel." Hershel joined them, "And then Pedro, Tom and Katelyn."
"Not happening." Tom stated, "I'm not being in a group with him."
"You are." Rick said sternly, "Stop acting like a child."
Tom rolled his eyes and went to stand by his girlfriend and Pedro.

"Okay so that just leaves Carl, Fleur, Andy and Isla- I'll let you be a bigger group." They all nodded and smiled at each other.

Andys point of view
"Okay so where are we going to loot?" I asked my group,
"I say we loot that old army base just west of here." Carl suggested,
"Wasn't that already overtaken by Woodbury thought?" Isla said, "That's what Merle told us anyways, that the Governor went and took them all out."
"Exactly, he took them all out but do you really think he managed to loot everything?" Carl said, "Army bases have loads of secret rooms and pathways- if we find those then we'll have hit the jackpot."
"That's really smart," Fleur said, "I bet the secret rooms have the best guns and equipment too."
"Yeah but we'll need to be careful." I said, drawing a circle around the army base on the map, "But I agree."
"Same." Isla said,
"Yeah same." Fleur nodded,
"Okay then I guess we have a plan."

Pedros point of view
Tom wouldn't stop giving me looks but I just ignored him, we had to find a location to loot.
"Where do you think we should loot then?" Katelyn said breaking the silence,
"I don't know but we need a place that we know has guns and ammo still." I said, it was hard to find places that weren't already looted anymore- especially if they had guns because everyone wanted them.
"Wait-" Tom said, pausing to think, "I have an idea."
"What?"
"Did we ever find the armoury here?" Tom asked, and me and Katelyn shook our heads, "Every prison has an armoury, maybe we can just find the one here?"
"What if it's top secret thought?" I asked,
"Then we will make sure it's no longer top secret."
Katelyn looked backwards and forwards between us both,
"Well I think it's a good idea, and that way we don't even have to go far- we might not even have to go outside the gates." she said,
"Exactly," Tom nodded, waiting for my reply,
"Well yeah sure- I guess it's a very easy idea anyway." I finally answered, Tom rolled his eyes and circled the Prison on the map, the location we were already at.

Michonnes point of view
"I say we loot that gun store up south, it's far but we're all very skilled and capable." I told Rick and Daryl,
"Don't you think that's where everyone would go though? What if it's completely empty." Daryl said,
"I heard they closed everything down when the apocalypse started, so no it shouldn't be looted." I said,
"Then how are we gonna get in if it's shut down?" Rick asked,
"We make a bomb, and take down one of the walls."
Both the men's eyes widened,
"What?" I asked.
"A bomb? Do you even know how to make bombs? Safely?" Daryl laughed,
I narrowed my eyes at him,
"Yes, I know how to make bombs, safely. And it won't be a atomic bomb or anything, just one big enough to make a whole we can fit through."
The men paused, and then nodded.
"Okay well I'm in," Daryl said,
"Yeah I mean, sure." Rick shrugged.
I took a biro out of my pocket and circled the gun store roughly.

Glenn's point of view
"We can't go far," I told Maggie separately,
"Why?" she asked,
"Your dad has one leg, if anything happened then we wouldn't be able to get away fast enough."
"That's true," she nodded, looking at the floor.
Then Hershel came up to us,
"I know a place," he said swinging his rifle onto his shoulder, "I had a friend who had a secret armoury underneath his house."
"What?!" Maggie laughed, "You? Dad who would've thought you'd have violent friends."
Hershel rolled his eyes,
"It was just for emergencies. And everything will still be there because him and his family died right at the start."
"Is it far?" I asked,
"No actually, about half an hour drive? It's probably in the middle between my old farm and this Prison." he said. Me and Maggie nodded.

"We will go there then," I said, handing the map to Hershel. He drew a circle around the street we were heading to.

Sasha's point of view
I studied the map and then quickly drew a big circle around the mall.
"Well that was quick." Andrea said, "You already have a location in mind?"
"Yeah, the mall." I said showing her, Merle and Tyrese the map.
"Why the mall?" Merle scoffed, "All we'll find there is toy stores and beauty products."
"Malls have security, security have guns." I said, hoping they understood.
"Wow that's so fucking clever." Andrea said amazed, "I would've never thought of that."

I smiled at her words,
"So then, is everyone in?" I asked, and I was returned with three nods.