Chapter 15

Fleurs point of view
"Daryl never talked about you much," I told Merle, hoping it didn't come out horrible, "To be honest I never even knew he had a brother."
"Not a surprise," Merle laughed, "He was probably happy when he though I was dead."
"Oh I'm sure not-" I started,
"No seriously," Merle stopped me, "I've been bullying my little bro since he was born."
I giggled.
Just then Carl came up to me and kissed me on the cheek,
"You ready to go?" he asked me and I nodded,
"Yep, I'll just go say bye to Judith."

Carl's point of view
Fleur walked away heading to Judiths cell and I was about to follow her when Merle grabbed my arm,
"Wait up kid," he told me, pulling on my sleeve to face him, "I need the tea."
"What?" I asked confused,
"The tea... isn't that what you kids say? Anyways gimme info."
I tilted my head,
"I'm sorry I really don't know what you are talking about,"
"Fleur," he said, "Are you two close? Last time I saw you you were like what- ten? Now look at you, you've got a girlfriend."
"Oh!" I laughed, "Yeah we're really close, she lived at the farm that was overrun."

"Weren't you and Sophia pretty close? Where is she by the way?"
I looked at the ground and tried to fight back the tears that were about to fall from my eyes,
"Sophia and I were just... best friends." I said,
"Were?"
"She died."
Merles eyes widened,
"Oh shit kid I'm sorry." he blurted, "Is Carol okay?"
"I think she's getting over it," I told him- but not really. Carol would still have her many bad days.

"We should get going," Merle finally said breaking the silence,
"Yeah."

Nobody's point of view
Once everyone had packed bags and prepared for the trip they met at the front gate, Rick made sure everybody was there.
"Okay everyone's together and ready," Rick breathed in, "Let's get in the cars then."

Carl, Fleur, Isla, Katelyn, Tom, Andy and Pedro got in a truck- Carl drove. His dad had given him a couple lessons and the roads were pretty much empty seeing as everyone was dead.

Daryl, Merle and Michonne took another car.

Rick, Hershel, Maggie and Glenn took another.

Rick was first to drive off onto the motorway, he put his hand out the window to signal when everyone else could follow.
Michonne followed closely behind driving the car,

Then was Carl.

The drive went smoothly for most of the trip. There were a couple bumps in the way like when they had to take a quick detour because there were a few broken down cars that were too big to move.

Merle was giving most of the directions because he'd lived there for literally months. He was turning out to be pretty useful when everyone just thought he'd be the same asshole he was before.

Maybe loosing your hand makes you a better person.
Not to mention the close experience with death.

The journey turned out to be longer than expected due to the detour, and soon it turned dark.
"We should stop and sleep for the night," Rick suggested to a really sleepy Glenn,
"Yeah," he yawned.
"I'll pull over and hopefully the others will follow."