Chapter 9

Michonnes point of view
As soon as I had caught up with myself I snatched the map from my pocket. On there were loads of locations circled messily- Andrea had done them.
Now was so not the time for sadness though, I had to find a place to stay.

I thought about maybe finding Andreas old group- that way she might come back with me and we'd both have a good place to stay. But god knows where they were.

Andrea had sometimes mentioned a man called Rick, apparently he was sorta the leader and he had a wife and a child. They did live on a farm, but obviously that got overrun.

That's all I knew.

And there was no way I was finding them with that limited information.

SO, I decided to head for the nearest big location. This was because big locations always had good supply's of food and resources.
This just so happened to be a prison. If there even were any prisoners left I think I'd be able to take them out- but I imagined they would all be walkers by now anyway.

I checked my bag too see if I had enough food for the journey, not really, but I'd figure it out.
Plus, I'd grown to quite like the taste of rats ;).

It took about five hours to get through the woods because they were so deep, but by nightfall I had reached the main road- and now it would be easier to find my way.

It wasn't nice at night on my own, usually me and Andrea would make a fire and talk about our lives before the apocalypse. Now I had no one. But I was sure it was best this way, I was doing the right thing, I was trying to find good people. Ones that weren't creepy as hell.

Andreas point of view
I went to sleep and realised that I no longer had Michonne there to say goodnight to.
I couldn't believe myself, she had been there for me, she saved my life, and I let her go.

I wanted to run out of Woodbury and find her. I wanted to tell her how sorry I was and join her on her journey to god knows where.
But the fact was I felt at home here and it was safe- safer than out there. I might be really selfish, but I have no idea why Michonne would rather suffer again than have a nice bed to sleep on.

The next morning I woke up and stared out into the beautiful streets. The wind blew in my hair and I decided to eat breakfast out on my new balcony.
After breakfast the Governor knocked on my door, the Governor coming round was the best part of my day.

Him and I had an instant connection, and that's part of the reason I stayed.

"So are you settling in okay?" he asked me, "Yeah I absolutely love it here

"Yeah I absolutely love it here." I told him with a huge smile,
"I'm glad." he smiled back, "But your gonna need to start helping out."
I nodded understandably,
"I can do the night shifts at the wall if you want?" I asked him.
He shook his head sternly which made me quite annoyed,
"No." he simply said, "You aren't ready or capable enough for that duty."