Chapter 36

Nobodys point of view
"Can you see anyone we know?" Daryl said, keeping his eyes on the road,
"Just tons of walkers, the prison is completely overrun," Isla said, her voice shaky,
"What if we never see anyone again? What if its just us who survived?"
"They made it Andy, they made it, don't think bad or its most likely the worst will happen," Daryl growled.

"Where are we even heading? What if they are all heading somewhere else?"
"At the moment we just need to get far away from the walkers and hope they don't follow us, when the swarm has died down maybe we can circle the prison again and try and find our friends," Daryl suggested,
"That could be weeks though, months even, maybe we should wait-"
"Isla we aren't waiting, we would just be putting our own lives in danger and if we're the only ones alive then thats just stupid."

They rode in silence until sundown, then they looked to find a place to stay.
"What about this house?" Isla said pointing as the bike wizzed past.
Daryl hastily put on the breaks without warning and Andy went flying. Daryl found it the funniest thing on earth but Isla was not amused.
"Lets just clear out this house," Andy grumbled, wiping the dirt from his clothes.

Five taps on the wall as usual, there was one walker inside that came stumbling down the stairs.
Its bones made an awful crack as it fell step by step.
When it reached the bottom Daryl gave it a harsh stab through the head and tugged its body outside.

"Clear," Daryl said,
"Clear," Isla and Andy returned.
The three set up temporary beds in an upstairs room and Daryl made a fire from some floorboards.

"Lets play truth or dare," Isla suggested,
"You may be the primary school games age but I'm 29 so no thanks," Daryl rolled his eyes,
"Stop being so big for your boots and play the damn game," Andy said wrapping Isla in his arms to keep her warm.

"Fine, but I'm going first,"
"Who you asking?"
"Isla, truth or dare?"
"Truth,"
"Were you happy about Pedros death?" Daryl smirked,
"What kind of question is that?"
"Just answer it, I already know the truth anyways,"
"Well... yeah I mean he was kind of a useless burden but Katelyn cared for him so... yes and no?"
"The answer is simply -no-, you don't have to lie,"
Isla rolled her eyes.

Daryl was the sort of man that loved to act tough and completely unbothered all the time, but under that mask he was just as worried as Isla and Andy.
In fact he had the most doubt about finding the rest of the group.

"Okay my turn then," Isla said leaning on her fist to think, "I think seeing as you chose me, ill choose you. Daryl, truth or dare?"
"Truth,"
"What do you think happened to your brother?"

This was a mean question, because what he thought was exactly what actually did happen.
"I think he's dead," Daryl simply said,
"And you don't care?" Andy said surprised,
"My brother was a bad person, and although recently he was so much better, he still made my childhood a misery,"

Yet again, this was just Daryl's mask.
He wanted to cry but he couldn't let anyone see that, so he held it in.

Merle during the war
"MERLE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Rick yelled as Merle ran after his weapon rolling down hill,
"GETTING MY GUN DINGBAT!"

Merles gun was his prise possession and he didn't want to let it go.
As he ran he made the biggest mistake of his life, he became oblivious to what was going on around him.
He was heading straight into Woodbury's fighting side and he didn't know or care.

When he finally reached the bottom of the hill, someone caught his arm as he reached for his pistol, and when he looked up it was The Governor.
"Not so nice to see your face again," the Governor said, punching him across the face.
But Merle wasn't weak, he was the complete opposite, he was stronger than his brother and half the people on the battlefield.

Merle took his hand with the knife on it and jammed it hard into the Governors right leg.
He yelped in pain and Merle took the opportunity to grab his gun and position it on The Governors head.

"You wont do it," the Governor laughed through the pain, "You wont do it, because I saved you."
Flashbacks flashed through Merles mind, remembering when he was walking through the woods so close to dying.
His arm had recently been cut off, it was infected, swollen and had weakened him so much that he was on his last legs.
But by chance he came across the Governor, and he took him back to Woodbury.
Saving his life.
Could he really kill someone who had done him such a great favour?

"Your still fighting my brother," Merle said, "My family, your trying to kill them."
"Oh but if they weren't your family you would kill them too, don't lie, if you were in my position you would be doing the exact same."
"Your wrong," Merle spat, "I don't kill innocent people."
"You helped me kill all those people at the army base, they were innocent."
"Thats different,"
"Why?"
"IT JUST IS! I'm better now!"

The Governor took his gun from his pocket and put it to Merles head, now it was just who shot first.

"Told you, you wouldn't shoot me," The Governor grinned, pulling the trigger and watching Merle fall to the ground lifeless.

The game of truth or dare
"Your heartless," Isla said frowning, "He was still your brother, thats if he is dead."
"He is," Daryl said,
"Why are you so sure?" Andy tilted his head,
"Cuz I saw the Governor kill him."

Isla gasped,
"What?! You didn't help him?!"
"I couldn't you bitch! I was in my own fight! Plus my brother didn't even do anything, he just sat there as the Governor put a gun to his head!"
"Maybe he had a reason-"
"Maybe, but he still could've tried, he didn't think about me. Yet again he didn't fucking think about how it would affect me."
"Fair enough,"
"Yeah."

"Someone ask me then," Andy said breaking the awkward silence,
"Okay Andy truth or dare," Daryl asked,
"Dare,"
"Oooooh finally someone picking the juicy one," Daryl laughed,
"You didn't choose dare either," Isla scoffed,
"Okay okay, Andy I dare you to jump from the window,"
"No! He could break a leg or something!" Isla said,
"Don't get your knickers in a twist its a three meter drop at the most, it'll be hilarious,"
"I don't know..." Andy stuttered,
"Look you don't have to, but if you don't your a pussy," Daryl said with a fake baby smile.

There was a short pause,

"Okay ill do it," Andy said letting go of Isla and walking over to the window,
"Whistle first to make sure there are no walkers below!" Isla called to him,
"Good idea,"

Daryl and Isla stood next to him and watched as he climbed onto the windowsill,
"Three, two, one,"
Andy took a quite pathetic and hilarious leap to the grass below.

He landed with the weirdest roll that set Isla and Daryl into a laughing fit,
"You trying to kill me today?" Andy called from below, referring to the motorbike incident,
"Yeah, how did you guess my evil master plan?" Daryl said chucking.

As Andy made his way back into the house, Daryl pulled Isla to the side,
"Hey I'm sorry about calling you a bitch, I wasn't exactly very clear and you just said what you thought... so, yeah,"
"Thats fine, lets just forget about it, we have bigger things to worry about," Isla said smiling,
"I'd like that."