Chapter 6

Fleurs point of view
"Carl," I sighed, a final tear running down my face.
He just stared, lifeless and out of the zone.
Maggie stroked the small baby's head,

"Your momma was a wonderful women," she whispered, placing a small kiss on the infants forehead.
Carl walked in front and I caught up with him, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"You did the right thing," I told him, "Just like your mum said right? Always do the right thing, if it feels right."
He looked into my eyes and his expression was full of sorrow. I felt so, so bad for him.
Maggie walked on.

"Kiss me," Carl said,
I was completely taken aback.
What the hell did he just say? He was just sad- surely. I'd always thought Carl was handsome and had a small crush on him... but I guess I just thought he looked at me as a best friend.
"Carl..." I said staring at the floor, I didn't think he meant it.
"Fleur I know that your thinking I'm just asking you because I've just killed my mum, but I'm serious."
I still didn't believe him, he just wanted to forget.
"Fleur I've liked you for a long time, and yeah my mum just dying giving birth to my baby sister made me want to admit it even more."
I sighed,
"Because I've realised that every moment you have with somebody now is precious, you never know when you will loose them."
Finally I looked up and his face was genuine. I didn't know what to say. I was taken by surprise and I had no idea how to react.
"Carl I like you too." I whispered, "I just... I don't know how to react because I thought that you thought of me as a friend."
"Then kiss me." his eyes looked sad again.
I waited a few seconds to just make sure he was one hundred and ten percent serious.

Then I pressed my lips against his.

Carl's point of view
I didn't expect it.
I didn't expect it at all.
To be honest I expected Fleur to reject me the second I asked her.

But when her lips met mine it was the best feeling in the world, and my heart immediately lifted.
The butterflies in my stomach grew as she deepened the kiss.
I'd never made out with anyone before, obviously, the apocalypse started when I was ten.

I closed my eyes and completely forgot about all the events that had happened in the last hour... I focused on now.

It was only about twenty seconds, but my world was changed. And when I opened my eyes at was met with her smile I knew I could still be happy even after everything that was going on.

I knew I would recover from this.

Half an hour earlier/Ricks point of view
"MAGGIE, LORI, RUN!" I yelled at them in the distance, I didn't know if I would survive, but my wife had to.
Hershel, Daryl, Glenn, Carol, Pedro, Katelyn, Tom, Isla, Katelyn and Andy were all here next to me.
We constantly slashed the walkers and by now we were drenched in thick, red blood.
"Wheres Carl?" I asked everyone panicking, "Wheres Fleur?"
Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit.

The walkers were cornering us in, and I didn't even notice at first until I heard the deafening yell behind me.
It was Hershel.

"AHHHHHH!!!" He screamed as a walker sunk it's teeth into his right leg,
"NO!" I called running over to him.
I stabbed the walker through the brain and immediately ripped off my belt. I had to tie it around his upper leg to stop the infected blood getting to the rest of his body.

"Stay with me Hershel," I said tightening the belt around his thigh while watching the rest of the group cover us both.
"Rick," he whispered and I tried to keep the tears that we're ready to spill, "Rick if I don't make it, tell Fleur and Maggie I love them for me."
I broke, my eyes welled up and tears streamed down my face as I grabbed his arm and helped him get up.

Everyone killed the walkers around us as we staggered past cell block one to a storage room out back.
"Everyone help me!" I said, one arm supporting Hershel and the other opening the large metal door.

Once we were all inside we realised we were actually safe, and laid

Hershel down on a mattress on the floor.
"Here's some pain killers," Carol said, handing me three small pills.
I took out my water bottle and handed them to Hershel, he quickly gulped them down and laid his head back.

"Rick you know what we have to do," Daryl told me, looking me in the eyes, "He's gonna need it amputated or he will turn."
I shook my head, no. No I was not doing that.

"What if he dies?" I asked, my voice shaky.
"Rick at this rate he'll die anyways."

I looked down at the axe in my hand and thought deeply about what was the right thing to do. Obviously it was to amputate Hershels leg, then he would live- but I didn't know if I could do it.

"You do it," I told Daryl but he shook his head, "No Rick, you do it."
I sighed, but Hershel looked calm and just smiled.
"If it means I get to see my girls again, I don't mind loosing a limb."
I chuckled a bit and gave him a small hug.

Then he closed his eyes, and on the count of three I brought the axe down on his leg.
His piercing yells shock the room and it was so hard to listen to. He passed out within seconds and we immediately started to try and stop the bleeding with whatever we could find.

We had no idea what would happen but oh how I hoped Hershel would make it through this, his daughters weren't ready to loose their dad.

Michonnes point of view
"Andrea!" I yelled, spotting her familiar blonde ponytail and stripey blue shirt the other side of Woodbury. I sprinted towards her and spun her round.
"Andrea we have to leave." I told her sternly and she looked confused,
"What?" she asked, "I like it here."
"It's not what you think it is." I assured her, "I found walkers in a cage in the back yard, who the fuck keeps walkers in a cage."
Andrea just stared at me up and down like I was crazy,
"Michonne what if they had a good reason, like scientific research or something."
I rolled my eyes,
"Wow Andrea your even more clueless than you were before."
Andrea started to walk away but I stopped her.
"Andrea!!! What the hell, where are you going? Don't you trust me? I'm telling you I have really bad feelings about this place."
Andrea sighed,
"Michonne I feel safer here than I've felt anywhere else, there's high walls, people, endless food and most of all there's hope."

I couldn't believe her, I thought about telling her about the whole in the wall that walkers could easily get into but I decided not to. She probably would've made up an excuse for that too.
I knew why she really wanted to stay here, and it's because of the governor. I don't know what she saw in him, he was smug, ugly and really had no idea what he was doing. But Andrea was wrapped right around his finger and there was nothing I could do about it.

"Then I'll leave myslef," I announced and Andreas eyes widened,
"Michonne you can-"
"Yes I can Andrea! And I will, you will regret staying here- I know you. The world isn't fairytales anymore and that's why I know there's something going on here."
A tear fell down Andreas cheek but I didn't care. Because if she was going to choose a one eyed pedo over me then she could forget any friendship we ever had.

"Fine." I said, walking away, "You were slowing me down anyways."

I shouldn't have said that, she was my best friend. But I had to show her how serious I was, because I was going to survive.