Chapter 7

Islas point of view
I couldn't watch. It didn't seem right to watch. But I could hear the axe as sliced through Hershels leg and hit the floorboards with a bang.

I immediately started collecting everyone's coats and t-shits because we could need everything we could to stop the bleeding.

Every minute I would put my finger to his neck and check his pulse another time, he was surviving. He was such a lucky man to have all of us there to help him get through it.
"Rick where do you think Fleur, Carl, Maggie and Lori are?" I asked him,
"I don't know." Rick answered, and I could tell I had worried him again.
"We should look for them," I suggested, "The rest can look after Hershel an-"
"Isla okay just shut up," tears were streaming down his face, he was thinking the worst.
"They are alive." I told him, but I should've been so sure, "They are strong."

The governors point of view
After taking out the army camp and stealing all their weapons plus food supply we headed back to Woodbury.

No. I didn't feel bad. I had done things like it plenty of times before and was definitely going to do it again in the future.
But for now, I really wanted to see the beautiful blonde girl who had showed up at Woodbury a day before. Andrea.

There was something about her... I don't know.
She was easy to fool I could tell. I knew she would believe anything I said because my charm worked on her.
As we drove back to camp I thought about what she would do if I told her about Woodbury's... imperfections. She'd probably forgive me, but It wasn't the right time yet.

I had the best way of making Woodbury seem just perfect on the outside. But if anyone knew what went on behind closed doors, they'd fear us, and I can assure you I would no longer be getting girls like Andrea and her annoying little friend showing up at our gates.

Also, I had a new plan. My guards had informed me that they saw some people in the prison not too far away. They said it looked like they had managed to make it free of walkers completely.

I had personally thought about taking over the prison myself a couple times, but it seemed impossible to kill all those flesh eaters.

Apparently not.

So what was I going to do? Well I'd go and check it out first.
And maybe, most likely, I would kill everyone in it just like I did at the army base.

The worlds not a democracy anymore, things are unfair. You are either the lion or the ant, no in between.

I was just doing what I had to do to survive of course.

Michonnes point of view
"What are you doing lady," a guard said, looking down at me as I bashed on the gate.
"I want out," I said, "Your a bunch of fucking weirdos."
Okay, I had gone a bit mad and I didn't have to react like that. But I had just walked away from the only person in my life that mattered anymore.

I would probably see Andrea again, maybe our paths would cross thirty years into the future? But that didn't matter, because as much as I loved her she could still be really stupid.

"Want out?" The man scoffed, "You don't just get out of Woodbury." I rolled my eyes, not really understanding how serious he was,
"Do you know who I am?" he asked,
"No."
"I'm Merle, Merle Dixon, and I'm one of the governors main men here."

Merles point of view/Two weeks after the first outbreak "SHIT SHIT SHIT!" I said to myself, rattling the handcuffs that were keeping me to the metal pole on the roof

"SHIT SHIT SHIT!" I said to myself, rattling the handcuffs that were keeping me to the metal pole on the roof.

How did I get up here? Well funny you'd ask that fucking question, I was racist to someone and in return they hand cuffed me to a pole on the roof of a ten story building.

I mean karma right I guess? But to hell with karma because right now next to me was a trapdoor leading into the building- and hundreds of walkers were trying to open it and get to me.

I knew I only had about ten minutes, and if I didn't find a way to get out of this situation I would die without ever finding my brother.
Daryl was the only thing that mattered to me now, it's not like I had any other family.

About a meter away I spotted a knife on the ground, like someone had deliberately put it there to help me. It felt like god, if he even exists, wanted me to live. And I was going to.

I stretched out my leg and my toe only just reached the tip of the blade. I used all my strength, all my fuel to reach out and bring it closer to me.
Finally after minutes of struggling it got close enough to me so that I could just grab it with my hand.

I desperately slashed at the metal but it was no use, it just wasn't strong enough.
I knew what I had to do and I knew it was a huge huge risk.
But I wanted to see my amazing brother again, and I was going to do everything it takes.

After ages of contemplating I realised the walkers were so close to getting in. So I made up my mind and mentally prepared myself for the pain and dread I would feel after.

I grabbed the knife firmly, placed it on my wrist and began to saw into my bone.
I screamed out in pain, trying desperately to muffle the noise in my shoulder.
I kept cutting deeper and deeper until my hand was completely clean off. I slid off the handcuffs staring at the blood spilling from my wound.

I had to get to somewhere that had stitches or... fire. Ugh I shivered just thinking about it but I had to stop the bleeding immediately.
I took off my shirt and used it as a bandage while I climbed down a ladder at the side of the building one handed.

When I was near the bottom I realised just how full of walkers the streets of Atlanta were now. I couldn't go out there, it was just too risky. So I climbed through a window into a room that looked like a kitchen. Wow, perfect actually, kitchen means hob, hob means fire.

I grabbed a chair and hastily pulled it to sit next to the oven, then without wasting any time I turned on the hob and placed my now handless wrist over the roaring flames.
I can't even begin to describe the pain.

Burning the wound would seal it, and therefor prevent any more blood from escaping my body. I don't know how I knew this shit, maybe I should've been a doctor before the apocalypse.

Shortly after I knew the room was secure and I had finished making sure my wound was fine I passed out. I was out for about two days, which seems like a long time but again- I cannot describe the amount of pain I felt.

When I woke up I found a way to get out of Atlanta safely, after that it's pretty much a blur. Just months and months in the wild doing anything to survive.

That's when I came across Woodbury, literally by chance, I still hadn't found my brother but with more people I guess it would be easier. I couldn't believe my luck.

Thank god I found Woodbury... right?