Chapter 18

Martinez's point of view
The first thing I remember doing was heading straight to my truck to load it up with fuel.
That didn't take long- then I ended up packing a bag with supplies before getting in the truck and heading off.

First I carried on down the main road for a couple hours, patrolling back and fourth a bit to see if Andrea was camping out there.
It was peaceful- quiet even, only a couple of walkers and no sign of Andrea. I admired times like this, when the only sound you could hear was the low grumble of the car engine, because times like this were rare now.

I didn't want to admit it, but I was kinda hoping I didn't find her. Because I knew if I did then she would become a slave at Woodbury- putting on a smile for the citizens but crying behind closed doors.
She would be amazing at running the place with the Governor if it was her choice I'm sure... but it wasn't her choice.

The Governor was in control.

Once I knew Andrea was definitely not on the main roads I decided to head to big, main locations. The first place I planned to go was the supermarket that Merle had found the Chinese kid and farm girl then mysteriously vanished.

Something was telling me that Merle had decided to group up with them, but that was stupid. Woodbury was much safer than any other place around at the moment- why would he turn us down?

Once I had reached the supermarket I swung my backpack onto my shoulder and walked inside. I set off my gun once to see if any walkers were in there, but to my surprise none came staggering towards me.
"My lucky day," I said to myself- why was it so calm today?

I circled the aisles about five times and then gave up. Andrea wasn't in there, and I don't think she had ever come in because there weren't any footprints on the dust-covered floor except mine.

"Next location it is then," I sighed, taking out my map and drawing a big red circle around my next target.

I don't know why Andrea would go to a prison, but I might as-well check.

Andys point of view
"Welcome to the group then," Rick said and I handed Sasha and Tyrese their weapons back.
"Wait really?" Tyrese said alarmed, "That easy? I mean what if we lied about not killing someo-"

Sasha kicked her brother hard in the thigh,
"Tyrese don't say that because then they will think we did lie."
The group laughed, somewhat wearily.

"What reason do you have for lying?" Rick said, "I mean as far as I'm concerned taking over the prison would get you nowhere- there's too much of us and it's much better for you if you live with protection."

"Well said," Pedro agreed.

"Okay well Carl can show you to your cell if you want, we're just about to eat something so meet us out in the front field in about ten minutes."
The siblings both nodded and Carl lead them into cell block one.

Isla came up to me,
"I like her," she said,
"What do you mean?"
"Sasha, she seems cool."
I laughed,
"Yeah she does, she looks like she's been out for a while."
"Yeah she's very good with a machete," Isla giggled, "I couldn't get my bloody pole through its head cuz it had a helmet on, she helped me."
I shook my head at her silliness.

"Where do you think they came from?" I asked,
"I feel like they came from Atlanta maybe?" Isla questioned, "They could've gone through there after the first outbreak, that's what a lot of people did."
"Yeah including Rick," I added, "When he woke up from his coma he went through Atlanta looking for Carl and Lori."
"Oh yeah," Isla nodded, "I wonder if Atlanta is quieter now, I mean we're quite far away now."

Isla had a point, I wonder if Atlanta was getting quieter? It's not like there are many people left for them to eat... do walkers die?

There were so many questions we still needed answers to, but because there weren't any scientist left it was pretty damn hard.

Fleurs point of view
"I hope you settle in well here," I smiled at Sasha and
Tyrese,
I nudged Carl and he gave them a quick smile too.
"Thank you so much, you have no idea how grateful we are." Tyrese said, "We never expected this from you, but we are so happy you decided to help us out- and we will make sure we help out here in return."

"It's fine, really," I shrugged, "The living have gotta look out for each-other right?"
"Right," Sasha beamed.

Me and Carl walked out of their cell to let them get sorted. We wandered into the room we had set up, a bit like a living room where we all relaxed, ate dinner and chatted.
Hershel and Carol were serving the table.
This was my favourite place in the prison because it actually looked really nice, there weren't any rusty poles or metal bars- it was comfortable.

"We made sure they found a cell," Carl told his dad who ruffled up his hair,
"Thanks Carl," he grinned.
Because of Ricks very strong American accent, he always pronounced his sons name as 'Coral' instead of 'Carl'. It was quite funny and we would all pick on him for it.
What was quite unbelievable was that Ricks accent was stronger than Daryl and Merles, who were both the biggest rednecks around.

"What have we got tonight?" I asked, talking about the meal,
"Guess," Hershel- my dad patted my back.
"Hmmmmm," I thought, "I wonder if it's pig again."
"That would be a wild guess," Carol joked sarcastically, "It's not like pigs are the only animal we have at the moment."
I laughed,
"So it's pig then, yum."
Pig got really really boring, but it wasn't as bad as eating rats or the squirrels Daryl found out hunting.

Soon enough everyone was in the room gathered around the table, even Sasha and Tyrese. They fitted in SO well, it was probably because we were all tough survivalists now.

We usually talked about life before the apocalypse at the table. Me, my dad and Maggie would discuss how life was on the farm, Andy and Tom would talk about their motorbike races in Atlanta.
Daryl- who had been riding a motorbike since he was like twelve- gave them lots of tips.

Carol liked to talk about how she was the best baker in her village, and how Sophia loved her cookies.
Sometimes the conversation would then lead onto her abusive husband who thankfully died at the beginning of the apocalypse.

Glenn talked about his family in Korea and how he hopes and wishes they are still alive. It must've been really hard for him because he never even got to say goodbye.

Merle would rant about how good he was, and still is, at hunting. Daryl would claim he is better but Merle would disagree.

I liked listening to Carl and Rick talk about all the family trips they took with Lori. Carl seemed to be very attached to a holiday they went on when he was nine in Venice. He would tell us all about how his mum dropped her sandwich into the water and almost fell in after it. Rick would also say about how every Saturday Lori would make pancakes that were 'Just god awful' but everyone would eat them.

Isla and Katelyn usually didn't share much, I think this was because they really had no idea what happened to their family and they didn't want to think about it.

But one thing was for sure and that was they had a new family now, one that would be there for them always.