Exiled

Trigger Warnings:

•dark themes
•forced sexual encounters
•domestic violence
•violence
•death
•eating disorders

•••

This world so cruel to those that can't handle it. It is crueler to those who are made to handle it, the ones which experience the entirety of how unfair it can be.

The darkness was long ago accustomed to, that is the one thing about cells like these. They always remained the same, same aura, same cold moist feel. No matter who came in and out around a person, it was always what it was. A cold dark, damp cell, where people of power hide away the horrors of the world and chain the dementors that walk the Earth. Adelaide was neither, but here she was regardless.

Wholeheartedly innocent, still a child, and yet... she sits against the cold stone walls of the same small cell she was so roughly shoved in a time ago.

Almost like a movie she can replay the events of that very same day. The day that started it all and inevitably led to her being imprisoned in this hell. What seems like a distant nightmare.

•••

"Tell me dear, did you bring my mothers ring back from Summit?" Ronan asks his wife from the door to his office. There was a tense moment when Georgia thinks about it and begins to worry.

"Yes, I had our maid at the time pack it specifically. It must be in a trunk upstairs." Georgia assures him, this of course satisfies him and he returns to his office. He had a stash of all their valuables building on a desk in the corner. The Connell's were running into financial problems so Georgia was forced to sell her fine jewelry and Ronan sold his finer things as well.

"Mom?" Adelaide enters the room from the stairs where she waited for them to be done with their adult talk. Adelaide knew there was a problem but they'd never let her know that. Her father asked her for jewels that she had which she got from her parents. Adelaide knew better than to ask her parents why so she gave them up.

"Don't bite your nails Adelaide." Her mother, Georgia, was in the middle of reprimanding her when they entered their small home. Adelaide didn't notice herself biting her nails, which of course she does out of nervousness. The sewing her mother had been doing on the dress for an infant is forgotten almost instantly as it hits the floor. Fear flickers in her eyes, but she doesn't struggle when the wolves roughly pull her from her chair.

Her father, Ronan, was sitting at the desk in his office already swearing at papers that were delivered earlier that day. He was quick to find his footing as multiple warriors infiltrated the three points of entrance.

The main door had been smashed to absolute pieces, while the back door was swung open as they always kept their back door open. The once pristine glass side door was shattered, in its' place is a wolf much larger than Adelaide has seen before. Her wolf was minuscule in comparison, and it's quickly known how useless an attempt to fight would be.

Adelaide makes direct eye contact with her, completely holding her in her place. It was odd to see this wolf, he was too big... Way too big. Not a single one of the other intruders paid Adelaide any mind when her mother quickly shoved her in the direction of the front door. There was a yell for her to run and get away which she finally registered from her father. She started her way out of the house in the direction of the main pack buildings.

Adelaide turned to get a good look at her parents who were staring down the large wolf before she left. The large wolf turned and kept her eye until they lost contact, held her in raptures. She got about halfway down the grass lawn but something in her stopped her, pure curiosity made her run back to the broken out glass door.The wolf barely glances her way, but he does and that was the last she saw of her parents. The last she saw of that beautiful wolf who murdered her only living family. Until she was to attend their funerals.