2.3 hide and seek

"Sorry sir, she didn't turn up to the party like we had expected" winwin spoke onto the phone call with taeyong

"Either that or she was extremely good at hiding" taeyong said as he huffed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Well it was a masquerade party after all" winwin said

"By the time we realised it was too late to change the theme" taeyong said sighing

"I'll send another team out to search tomorrow"

"Yeah perfect. Take the next flight back afterwards, we should arrange a dinner as well, discuss future plans-"  taeyong was cut off as the door to his office opened and jungwoo poked his head into the office. Taeyong put a finger over his lips to signal him to be quiet and jungwoo patiently waited for his turn to speak.

Taeyong quickly ended the call and turned to jungwoo with his head in his hands.

"Anything?" Jugwoo asked

"They didn't see her at the party" taeyong sighed

"Well then you might want to come see this" jungwoo smiled and taeyong followed him out of the office and into the teach lab.

"You guys should really stop spending your lives in this room. Your poor eyes must be exhausted" taeyong said as he entered the room with hands in his pockets. Upon his arrival everyone in the room stood up and bowed, a courtesy since he was the boss.

"Did you find anything?" Taeyong asked yuta and he smiled

"Let's just say, adding jisung to the tech team was one of the best decisions you've ever made" he said with a bright smile

"Show him sungie" renjun said with a proud smile. Jisung smiled with pride.

"I asked yuta to get me the CCTV footage of the party last night. It's a low probability that it's actually Aera but in this one frame beside the pieta statue xiaojun is talking to a girl" jisung said pointing to the still frame of the two figures.

"That could be anyone though. Her hair is too short--"

"Its been three months, she could have easily cut it" renjun said

"Not only that but looks at this..." jisung said zooming into the wrist area of the girl and fixing the quality.

"See that?" He asked

"The dragon tattoo?" Jungwoo asked

"She always wanted a dragon tattoo on her wrist in that exact location ever since she was 15" jisung said with a smile

"It could be a coincidence" taeyong said

"Guess we'll never know until you call xiaojun and ask him who he spoke with infront of that pieta statue" renjun smirked as he turned to taeyong.

"You kids are scary" mark said from the door of the tech room as he overheard the conversation.

"Yeah seriously I just got goosebumps" taeyong said shuddering before picking up his phone and dialing xiaojun's number.

"Hey xiaojun, sorry to call like this. Its important"

"Yea of course, tell me"

"At the party yesterday, in the CCTV footage you were seen talking to a girl that might have been Aera beside the pieta statue. Can you tell me what you two talked about"

"Uhh...oh...yeah um...we just talked about the artist, Michelangelo and made a few jokes. When I asked her about neo she said she never heard of it...a weird reaction though since it was a party hosted by us" xiaojun said through the phone