1.17 locked in

haechan entered the house once more, his body shaking from the freezing cold temperature. jisung and jaemin tried their absolute hardest to not burst out laughing as they stared at haechan who looked like he was a cat that got dragged out of water. he send a scowl their way as they accidentally let out a snicker or two. leaving a trail of dirty water behind him, he trudged up the stairs and went into the room where aera was now just finishing up making the bed.

"can i borrow some clothes" haechan said in a low voice, he was more than angry at the fact that his bike now had scratches on it, the design he and taeyong worked so hard on was now hardly even there.

"yeah su- holy shit...what happened to you?" aera said as her eyes landed on his long hair strands dropping past his eyes as water droplets dripped down from them. his white shirt tightly clinging onto his frame, the rigid side lines of abdomen was so evident down that she was seeing him in a brighter light.

"aera! focus! i'm fucking freezing over here!" haechan said snapping his fingers and she awkwardly coughed as her eyes looked anywhere but him. she made her way into jsiung's room and grabbed a think black hoodie, someone more haechan's style, and a pair of adidas joggers. she also made sure to grab a new pair of fluffy slippers since haechan's ones were now like condensed clouds.

"i hope these are okay for now, you can take anything else from his room if you need it" she said handing him the clothes. the poor boy was shivering so badly that even his nods were like mini seizures.

"why would you run out in the middle of a storm?" she asked and he sighed

"don't ask" he said with a slight glare making aera nod and make her way downstairs

"did you make food?" aera asked as she looked at jisung eating the soup, the first thing she said to him since last night.

"no, the house would have burned down by now if i did" he said and she chuckled

"thank you oppa~" she said with a tune as she saw the pink haired boy move around the kitchen

"dad sent me a message saying that he's staying at a hotel this weekend with his workmates, he told us to stay inside during the storm" jisung said and aera nodded

"thank god theres enough food and snacks to last us a while" aera breathed out in relief

"you and haechan seemed really close last ni-" jaemin got cut off by aera

"so jisung, how's it going?" aera said awkwardly as she tried to change the subject but jisung only snickered 

"why are you trying to hide it? you guys slept in the same bed" jisung said with a smirk

"nothing happened" aera said

"sure sure" jisung said smirking making her roll her eyes

"damn i can't believe you chose haechan over me" jaemin said with a fake pout trying to get under her skin, and he did.

"yah i didn't choose anyone over anyone" she said 

"okay okay, quit whining and eat up" jaemin said placing the two bowls of soup beside her, one for her and one for haechan. as if on cue, when jaemin sat down on his chair, haechan entered the room and sat down on the bar stool beside aera.

"thank you for the meal" haechan said under his breath as hee digged in to the food. he hadn't had a proper meal in a while since he lost the ring. he was craving something filling.

"since we're locked in...we should try our best to get along" jaemin said 

"you guys can, i'll leave once it stops raining" haechan said

"yah...hyung are you crazy? its a red storm warning" jisung said and haechan sighed as he gripped his spoon tighter

"just wait it out, there's not much in our control anyway" jisung said

"hyung?" aera asked as her eyes travelled from jisung to haechan. jisung, haechan and jaemin awkwardly glanced at each other as they were the only three who fully knew the true relation.

"yeah...i've known jisung for a while recently. i only found out he was your brother yesterday" haechan said 

"oh....how...?" aera asked questioningly, not fully buying into it

"we game together, sometimes meet up at the arcade too" jisung said with a fake smile coating his lips. he was lucky since aera believed it, after all, all jisung did was game, study and sleep.

"oh that makes sense" aera said and teh three of them quietly breathed out a sigh of relief 

"so what happened at the health class?" jaemin asked aera but he earned several coughs from both aera and haechan who began to choke on the other side of the table.

"okay~ moving on" haechan said awkwardly coughing

_______________________________________________________

"are you not going to dry your hair?" aera said through the bundle of blankets that jaemin buried her under after they found out that she had a slightly high fever. jaemin himself had a cold and decided to rest up in jisung's room. jisung as per usual, called chenle to game since the high school senior and the college freshman had nothing better to do.

"i'm too lazy" haechan said as sat down on the sofa, a few inches away from her body which was burning up due to the intense heat from the blankets. haechan ran out of the house several times to make sure his bike was standing upright, the last thing he needed was more scratches on it.

"yah~ don't leave it like that or you're going to catch a cold" aera said but the boy simply sighed as he took out his phone and simply played some music and threw his head back and closed his eyes. he didn't even open them to the sound of movement until he felt something lightly rub his hair. he looked straight up to see aera rub his hair with a towel.

"what are you doing?" haechan asked, grabbing her wrists and preventing her from drying it even further.

"me and jaemin already have a cold, it's best if you don't add to the list" aera said and haechan scoffed

"do you care about me?" he asked playfully smirking

"yeah" aera said in a serious tone and haechan's smile slowly fell

"well don't, i can take care of myself" haechan said grabbing the towel away from her hands

"then take care of yourself" aera said scoffing as she climbed back into the bundle of blankets. her hand immediately reached for the tv remote and she searched through all types of movies before her eyes finally landed on one, 'soul'. before clicking play aera made sure to grab some snacks before returning back to the couch.

"you're making the couch wet!" she complained as haechan's hair strands still had water dripping down from them onto the couch

"it's water! it will evaporate!" haechan said rolling his eyes at her. aera let out an exasperated sigh as she grabbed the towel from his lap and rubbed it against his hair again.

"i don't need he-"

"just watch the movie and let me dry it" aera said with a glare and haechan eventually agreed, well....if you count rolling his eyes and sighing an agreement. he tried his best to not let the reoccuring feeling in his stomach come back, but it did with every movement that aera made when she moved closer to him. 

he admired it all, her natural scent, the way her tongue stuck out inbetween her lips as she tried to brush out his hair using her fingers without hurting him, the way her eyes scanned over from his head, to the movie, and back to him. while she was busy focusing on both, she didn't have enough time to focus on haechan who had his full attention on the girl as he questioned the feeling inside him. he didn't know what it was since he's never experienced it before.

he wanted to know what she was doing to him.