~Cataleya~

How is that possible? If I was then Estrella would've told me

How is that possible? If I was then Estrella would've told me. Right?

"You are lying, I am not a twin" I shake my head out of disbelief.

He nods.
"You are".

"It was supposed to be Rosalía and Cataleya Santos".

"What... how?".

"From before you were born, they always knew they were having twins. They had your names planned out from the beginning but things changed once Cataleya died. Estrella was kidnapped by Ignacio Santiago when she was at least 3 months pregnant. He was trying to gain some kind of leverage on Rosario but during the time he had her hostage, he was beating her. He thought killing you and you sister was the solution to his problems so he did just that. But only you survived. Shockingly they couldn't believe it but you survived the torture."

"You kept you and your mother safe. You are the reason, Estrella hanged on for how long she did. Hence why your father changed your name to honor Cataleya, with your actual name being Rosalía Estrella Cataleya Santos. To him Cataleya was more for your sister than for his mother. He never looked back at his family and they wanted nothing to do with him".

So I'm not Aura, am I? I have been Rosalía this whole time.

"Why are you telling me this now? Why not when I was first wanting to leave".

He shakes his head.
"You weren't ready, but you are now. Out of all the obstacles, I was sent here to watch over you and Francesco in any way. Your mother knew that and Francesco in his own way knew that".

"I was just the only one who knew it was you" he says.

I take a deep breath.
"Wow this is a lot...".

He nods.
"It is but now you understand. Your parents loved you despite all their mistakes and regrets. You. Rosalía are here to make your own path for yourself but to carry a better legacy for your family. Through all the death and sorrow, you will change it for the better".

I nod.
"I know but part of me didn't ask for this world. To be involved in the mafia business, kill people and drugs. All of it, I DIDNT WANT ANY OF IT.

I wanted a family that loves me and to be able to be free whenever or wherever I am. But no, I am stuck here in this world.
But even though, I am stuck in this world and I can live with that...I will change my family name for the better. My father's and mother's deaths won't go meaningless. Most importantly I will choose my own happiness".

He nods.
"And you will. But it's about the risks you will take to grab onto that happiness. Are you ready?".

I nod. I am.
I hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

Francesco walks in and sees me with Chase.

He nods at Chase and Chase walks out.

I sigh and I lean against the counter out of disbelief of everything I heard.

I look into Francesco's eyes.

"Did you always know? Is that why you won't ever call me Aura".

He nods.
"I found out after I left you 5 years ago. Aura isn't who you are sweetheart, Rosalía is...even though you have been through the hardships as Rosalía. I know Aura could be a coverup but don't let it".

I start to cry a bit and I go into his arms. I hold onto him tightly and I cry everything out that I have been holding in ever since I first learned about everything.

The lies and the truth.

I am my parent's rose and their legacy. They wanted to change and be better with me and in a way I saved both of them. I could change the Santos name and not let death be our legacy.

I won't let it.

I see everything clearly now. It took me awhile but I got here.

I hold onto him and I don't let him go.

He comforts me and I let him. Every comfort before Francesco has been a lie and now it feels real. Purely real.

As I sit at the dinner table, I play with my food on my plate and all I can hear is the screech of the fork against the plate.

Francesco sits across from me.

"You haven't said much since earlier".

I look up and I give a slight smile.

"I know. Just taking everything in. It's a lot but I am trying to understand everything. Ignacio must have found out that I survived and him going after my siblings was his way to actually beat me. Killing me obviously failed, but to what lengths will my siblings go to take over this power? Kill me or kill someone I love".

"They won't stop until they get what they want. Ignacio continued this even after his death, he has been out for me since before I was born. He took my sister, my mother, my father, my siblings, your family. Who else must suffer for his own doings? Like you said before, the mafia is a dirty business and we must do what is right to protect our own" I say.

He agrees with me and his smile drops.

"So what do you want to do, muñequita?" He ask sternly.

I sigh as I stand up. I walk over to him slowly. I lean over him as I utter these words.
"The only choice we really have here.. is that we kill them".

He looks at me shocked.

"I thought you wouldn't want to do that since they are family" he sighs.

"You are right but it's a dirty business. I can try as hard as I can to change their views on me but it won't change at all. They are too stuck on Ignacio's mindset".

"Unless we make an offer that they will accept..".

"Which is..?".

"They make different plans for the Santos in different locations. Selina builds the business for the Santos in France, Esme in Mexico and Julio in Italy".

That does sound good.

"That would mean I would share with them instead, but I doubt they would agree to it".

He smirks.
"Then we will make them agree or we will go with your plan. We will kill them before they kill anyone else. Cause I know Selina, she only cares for herself. Surprised Alexis still loves her".

I smirk a bit.
"Maybe he loves a part of her that we don't know. Just like with you, everyone is scared shitless of you but I fell in love with the other part of you that you kept concealed".

I caress his cheek with my thumb, staring into his eyes.
"Maybe Selina is Alexis's own Francesco".

He smirks as his eyes go to my lips.
"You know I am only good for you Rosalía".

I nod.
"And I love it, I hate that you had to be mean but I get it now. The space showed me the reality so I understand. I had to be my own Francesco as well".

He groans and picks me up. He throws me over his shoulder and spanks my ass.

"Shhh or I will give you a spanking".

I laugh as I try to get down.
"I would like to see you try".

He hits my ass again and carries me upstairs.

"We will see of course.." he smirks.